Marketcapsule: Breakfast-skipping in the military
- Case law developments. // Army Lawyer;Jun95, Issue 271, p56
Presents cases regarding the US Servicemen's Group Life Insurance (SGLI). Prudential Insurance Co. v. Perez regarding change of beneficiary designation; Prudential Insurance Co. v. Mehlbrech regarding incompetence of an SGLI insured to execute a beneficiary change; Metropolitan Life Insurance...
- Statement on Pay Raises for Armed Forces Personnel. Clinton, William J. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;12/28/98, Vol. 34 Issue 52, p2521
Presents the text of a speech given by United States President Bill Clinton on December 21, 1998 which deals with improvements in pay and other compensation for Armed Forces personnel.
- Quality leadership as maneuver warfare. Maltz, Richard Stuart // Program Manager;May/Jun97, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p42
Discusses information about Maneuver Warfare Doctrine, a method of instructing and implementing total quality leadership in the United States Armed Forces. Similarities of Total Quality Management (TQM) and Maneuver Warfare Doctrine; Reasons for the rejection of TQM by the U.S. Armed Forces;...
- Taxes and the armed forces. Poulson, Linda L.; Seetharaman, Ananth // CPA Journal;Apr96, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p22
Focuses on the legislated special tax benefits for members of the armed forces in the United States. Exclusions from gross income; Combat zone pay; Veteran's compensation and benefits; Moving expenses.
- Multicolored opportunities. Peak, Martha H. // Management Review;May95, Vol. 84 Issue 5, p1
Editorial. Focuses on the effect of military downsizing on the employment of service people in the United States. Military experience in diversity training; Difficulty of service veterans to enter the civilian sector; Training of disadvantaged young people in the military; Diversity...
- EOBC gets a new look. Thomas, Ted A. // Engineer;Apr97, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p32
Discusses the changes with the Engineer Officer Basic Course (EOBC) of the United States Army, in line with the `One Corps, One Regiment, One Fight' concept. Use of the same program of instruction (POI); Purpose of the revised program; Major changes made in EOBC; Training sequence of the...
- United States Presidents Who Served in the Army. // Monkeyshines on America;Sep2003 U.S. Military Army, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p5
Presents information on U.S. Presidents who served in the country's Armed Forces.
- Famous Military Leaders. // Monkeyshines on America;Sep2003 U.S. Military Army, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p6
Presents information on several well-known American military leaders.
- Please Help Monkeyshines play Who Am I? // Monkeyshines on America;Sep2003 U.S. Military Army, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p21
Presents a quiz based on U.S. armed forces personnel.