PRAGMATIC EVALUATION FOR LARGE EVENTS WITH YOUTH: USE OF A BRIEF VISUAL ANALOG SCALE MEASURE
- EDITORIAL. Diego Erazo, Edgar; Héctor Fabio Ospina; da Silva Araújo, Sônia Maria; del Valle, Liliana; Cardona, Marta // Revista Latinoamericana de Ciencias Sociales, NiÃ±ez y Juventud;jul-dic2013, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p437
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various articles within the issue on topics including professional formation of students, socialization goals of young children , and educational theories related to museums.
- MAKING IT HAPPEN! Amos-Simpson, Mike // Children & Young People Now (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd;4/30/2009, Special section p08
The article offers suggestions on how local authorities can increase awareness of weekend youth activities in Great Britain. According to the article, local authorities must use as many promotional methods as possible and remember to consider the key details in every method used. It also...
- Vocabulary Instruction for Middle School Students with Learning Disabilities: A Comparison of Two Instructional Models. Fore III, Cecil; Boon, Richard T.; Lowrie, Kathryn // Learning Disabilities -- A Contemporary Journal;Sep2007, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p49
The article compares the effects of two types of instruction in the learning of content-area vocabulary words of middle schools students with learning disabilities in the U.S. A multiple-baseline design across participants was used to evaluate the effectiveness of the instructional models. The...
- Middle school starts college readiness program. Watt, Katherine // Inside Tucson Business;02/12/2001, Vol. 10 Issue 47, p11
Focuses on the Dreams Come True program, a college readiness program for sixth- and seventh-graders in Arizona that planners hope will nurture students' ambition and someday bring their talents to the community. Sources of program funding; Design of a college readiness course covering basic...
- The vocational interests of Hispanic, African American, and white middle school students. Davison Aviles, Robert M.; Spokane, Arnold R. // Measurement & Evaluation in Counseling & Development (American C;Oct99, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p138
Discusses the vocational interests of Hispanic, African American, and White middle school students. Ethnicity effects on General Occupational Themes; Academic comfort and introversion/extroversion; Comparisons among ethnic groups.
- Stvaranje prijatelja/Making friends: Multimodal literacy activities as bridges to intercultural friendship and understanding. DeBruin-Parecki, Andrea; Klein, Heather A. // Journal of Adolescent & Adult Literacy;Mar2003, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p506
Focuses on the cross-cultural collaborative literacy project entitled Making Friends, involving U.S. and Bosnian middle school students and their families in the U.S. Project goals; Activities; Stories from Bosnian students which were published.
- GT nominations sought. // Malakoff News (TX);3/9/2007, Vol. 98 Issue 10, p1A
The article reports on the plan of parents and community members to nominate Malakoff Middle School students for the 2007-2008 Gifted and Talented program.
- Editor's Notes. Hough, David // Middle Grades Research Journal;Summer2008, Vol. 3 Issue 2, preceding p1
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Stuart P. Payne and colleagues about motivational profiles of High-Ability-Low-Performing (HALP) and High-Ability-High-Performing (HAHP) middle school students, and another on by Cheryl B. Warner and Rosemary E....
- FOREWORD. Spielhagen, Frances R. // Middle Grades Research Journal;Spring2013, Vol. 8 Issue 1, pix
An introduction to the "Middle Grades Research Journal," is presented in which the editor discuss the complex problem related to motivation in the education of middle school students.