WHY DO HEALTH EDUCATORS OBTAIN AND CONTINUE TO HOLD THE CHES CREDENTIAL?
- GET SOME CAREER CRED. // Money;Oct2012, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p71
The article recommends obtaining job certifications in order to earn a higher pay rate and become more skilled at a career.
- What You Should Know About Your Board Certification When Planning Retirement. Jordan, Gerald H.; Davis, Lori R. // AUANews;Sep2012, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p30
The article discusses the processes required for urologists to retain or regain board certification. It states that to obtain Clinically Inactive status, the diplomate should notify the American Board of Urology (ABU) to certify that he or she is not practicing clinical urology. It mentions that...
- RimTyme workers earn SEMA tire/wheel certification. // Tire Business;10/25/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 15, p33
The article informs that five employees of RimTyme Inc., namely Elijah Dickerson, Jeremy Hank-ins, Robert Blake, Sean Barnes and Taylor Jones, have passed Z5 Custom Wheel and tire certification exam of the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) to become certified installation specialists.
- 1 in 4 U.S. Adults Hold Noncollege Credentials. // HR Magazine;Mar2014, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p18
The article discusses a report by the U.S. Census Bureau finding that roughly 25 percent of U.S. adults have educational credentials other than a college degree such as professional certifications, licenses of educational certificates.
- The purpose and benefits of national certification. Long, Jolie A.; McCaskill, Kristi // Counseling Today;Dec2010, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p104
In this article, the author discusses the purpose and benefits of national certification for counselors in the U.S. She is critical on the way to ensure the profession's success which is through the maintenance of the National Certified Counselor (NCC) credential. She also investigated the...
- Traditional or Alternative--Finding New Teachers Along Different Pathways. Reese, Susan // Techniques: Connecting Education & Careers;Jan2010, Vol. 85 Issue 1, p16
The article discusses the challenges of the government in finding qualified educators in the U.S. It highlights the National Center for Policy Analysis' (NCPA) meeting which identifies how the growing school enrolment, the increasing number of teachers retiring and the legislated class size...
- Professional Competence and Certification: The Key Differentiator. Feher-Watters, Isabel // Canadian Learning Journal;Fall2014, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p26
The article offers the author's insights on the importance of the Certified Training and Development Professional (CTDP) or Certified Training Practitioner (CTP) designations for members of the Canadian Society for Training and Development (CSTD) in Canada. Topics include the use of the CSTD...
- BCIA Certification by Prior Experience Provides an Alternative Path for Qualified Biofeedback and Neurofeedback Professionals. Ewing, Aubrey K. // Biofeedback;Summer2011, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p45
The Biofeedback Certification International Alliance offers a Certification by Prior Experience (CPE) alternative to Board Certification in Biofeedback, Neurofeedback, and Pelvic Muscle Dysfunction Biofeedback. There are also academic and technician certification tracks for Biofeedback and...
- Differentiate Your Career Through Certification. Rupert, Kim // Contract Management;Apr2012, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p6
The article presents the author's insights regarding career guidance. It mentions that in hiring professional, hiring manager always looked on applicant years of experience, years stayed in previous company, and applicants college degrees. It also mentions that possessing a certification...