Health care utilization among Medicare-Medicaid dual eligibles: a count data analysis
- BAD month. // McKnight's Long-Term Care News;Jul2011, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p14
The article reports on the pursuance of the federal government with renewed vigor individuals who wrongly receive Medicaid funding and the call of provider groups for the government to revamp plans for implementing Medicare accountable care organizations in the U.S.
- Online Quiz Questions. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;7/28/2015, Vol. 314 Issue 4, p402
A continuing medical education quiz is presented on the U.S. Medicare and Medicaid programs.
- Medicaid agencies must step up efforts to promote MU. // Medical Economics;12/10/2012, Vol. 89 Issue 23, p65
The article reports that the U.S. Medicaid agencies need to proactive in helping Medicaid providers in their states to achieve meaningful use of (MU) of electronic health record (EHR) systems. The study, from the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality found that barriers to EHR adoption and...
- Our Flawed but Beneficial Medicaid Program. Frakt, Austin; Carroll, Aaron E.; Pollack, Harold A.; Reinhardt, Uwe // New England Journal of Medicine;4/21/2011, Vol. 364 Issue 16, pe31
The article presents a critique of studies which found that those with Medicaid coverage in the U.S. fare worse than those without insurance. It states that as a result of this study, a number of governors are cutting back on Medicaid funding in favor of alternatives. It reports, however, that...
- Regulatory Update. // McKnight's Long-Term Care News;Oct2015, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p4
This section offers news briefs on U.S. health care regulations as of October 2015 including federal approval for several state Medicaid programs to delay transitioning to ICD-10 codes and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services' (CMS) testing of a value-based Medicare Advantage model.
- (APPEALS) CMS Revises Medicare Appeal Procedures. // Aging News Alert;12/11/2009, p11
The article reports that the U.S. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has revised its regulations, and has laid out a final rule, for its Medicare appeals process. As stated, the final rule allows beneficiaries and, under certain circumstances, providers and suppliers of healthcare...
- CoP changes good news for hospitals. // AHA News;10/24/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 21, p1
The article reports on the proposal of the U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) to revise the health and safety requirements that hospitals must meet to participate in Medicare and Medicaid. It reveals that the proposal includes the changes on Conditions of Participation (CoP)...
- A First Look At Meaningful Use Stage 2. RYAN, JACKIE // AAOS Now;Oct2013, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p32
The article offers information on the 672-page Final Rule published by the U.S. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) on August 27, 2012. The Stage 2 criteria defines how eligible professionals, hospitals and critical access hospitals (CAHs) can continue to participate in the Medicare...
- CMS Issues Final Medicaid RAC Rule. // Health Data Management;Nov2011, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p22
The article reports on the release by the U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) of the final rule which establishes the Medicaid Recovery Audit Contractors program.