The 18 Household Food Security Survey items provide valid food security classifications for adults and children in the Caribbean
- FOOD CHOICES, FOOD SECURITY, AND FOOD POLICY. Dimitri, Carolyn; Rogus, Stephanie // Journal of International Affairs;Spring/Summer2014, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p19
Economics, nutrition, and public health literature includes much research on the factors that influence food choices and attempts to understand the factors contributing to low food security. Economic factors, such as prices and income, influence food choices and food security, as do access and...
- Accessibility and viability: A complex adaptive systems approach to a wicked problem for the local food movement. Nelson, Connie H.; Stroink, Mirella L. // Journal of Agriculture, Food Systems & Community Development;Summer2014, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p191
There is a tension between enhancing vulnerable people's access to local nutritious food and ensuring viable incomes for local farmers. This tension arises as a result of interactions and processes scaling outward to the broad level of economic and political ideologies (Ikerd, 2005; 2012). We...
- Editorial: Facing up to the global food crisis. // Primary Geographer;Jul2010, Vol. 95 Issue 2, p58
The author reflects on Great Britain's initiative designed to explore the challenge of averting the global food security crisis. He looks at the underlying issue on the implementation of food security policy in the country. He also notes that the research on food security seems to be focused on...
- Taming the Unruly Side of Ethics: Overcoming Challenges of a Bottom-Up Approach to Ethics in the Areas of Food Policy and Climate Change. Anthony, Raymond // Journal of Agricultural & Environmental Ethics;Dec2012, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p813
Here, I investigate the challenges involved in addressing ethical questions related to food policy, food security, and climate change in a public engagement atmosphere where 'experts' (e.g., scientists and scholars), policy-makers and laypersons interact. My focus is on the intersection between...
- Cooperatives and alternative food systems initiatives - and more. HILCHEY, DUNCAN L. // Journal of Agriculture, Food Systems & Community Development;Spring2014, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including cooperative agriculture, economic growth, and food security and food policy in Baltimore, Maryland.
- Concurrent Session 9: Food Choice. // Australasian Medical Journal;Nov2013, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p632
The article presents abstracts on food choice including the food policy in East Africa, food insecurity in Australia, and household food security in New Zealand.
- Development of Food Security Management for Undergraduate Student Mahasarakham University Receipt 4533259241. Thiengkamol, Nongnapas // European Journal of Social Sciences;Jan2012, Vol. 27 Issue 2-4, p246
During few decades, social and economic development policy in Thailand, has been geared not only to the nation's income and social welfare, but food security has been recognized. Even though, Thailand is a world kitchen at the international level, but food accessibility of rural household level...
- Study on Inventory of Supply Chain of Supermarket-oriented Agricultural Products. Hong HUO; Xin SHEN; Zhipeng HUANG // Asian Agricultural Research;2013, Vol. 5 Issue 7, p76
Using principle and method of the system dynamics, this paper takes a qualitative analysis on the inventory of supply chain of supermarket-oriented agricultural products, and compares with the supply chain of wholesale-oriented agricultural products. Two inventory models are established for...
- Food Security for Developing Countries (Book). Balaam, David N. // Studies in Comparative International Development;Summer84, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p83
Reviews the book 'Food Security for Developing Countries,' edited by Alberto Valdes.