Population distribution and burden of acute gastrointestinal illness in British Columbia, Canada
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine Use by US Adults With Gastrointestinal Conditions: Results from the 2012 National Health Interview Survey. Dossett, Michelle L; Davis, Roger B; Lembo, Anthony J; Yeh, Gloria Y // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Nov2014, Vol. 109 Issue 11, p1705
OBJECTIVES:Use of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) has increased over the past two decades, and a growing body of evidence suggests that some CAM modalities may be useful in addressing gastrointestinal (GI) conditions. However, the overall pattern of CAM use for GI conditions remains...
- Role Of Magnesium Sulphate For Brachial Plexus Analgesia. Goyal, Parveen; Jaiswal, Rajmala; Hooda, Sarla; Goyal, Ruchi; Lal, Jatin // Internet Journal of Anesthesiology;2009, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p23
BACKGROUND AND OBJECTIVE: Aims of the study was to evaluate two different doses of magnesium sulphate as a sole analgesic for brachial plexus analgesia and to compare it with diclofenac sodium given intramuscularly.METHODS:Ninety patients in age group of 20-60 years of either sex belonging to...
- GENOTYPIC AND ENVIRONMENTAL INFLUENCE ON THE PHYSICAL QUALITIES OBSERVED BY THE METHOD OF TWINS IN MALES. Machado, João Felipe Valle; Fernandes, Paula Roquetti; Filho, José Fernandes // Fitness & Performance Journal (Online Edition);Nov/Dec2008, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p393
Introduction: The purpose of this study was to assess the genetic and environmental influence on the physical qualities of the static strength of hand prehension (FE), speed of reaction (SR), static balance (SB), agility (AG), motor coordination (MC), speed of displacement (SD), power of lower...
- Three-Port Versus Four-Port Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy: Meta-Analysis of Randomized Clinical Trials. Shaoliang Sun; Kehu Yang; Mingtai Gao; Xiaodong He; Jinhui Tian; Bin Ma // World Journal of Surgery;Sep2009, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p1904
Since the first laparoscopic cholecystectomy was reported, the four-trocar laparoscope has become the golden standard procedure. Some surgeons, however, thought that the three-port technique may be safe, effective, and economic. Our meta-analysis compared the three-port technique to the...
- Airway malacia in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: prevalence, morphology and relationship with emphysema, bronchiectasis and bronchial wall thickening. Sverzellati, Nicola; Rastelli, Andrea; Chetta, Alfredo; Schembri, Valentina; Fasano, Luca; Pacilli, Angela Maria; Di Scioscio, Valerio; Bartalena, Tommaso; De Filippo, Massimo; Zompatori, Maurizio // European Radiology;Jul2009, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p1669
The aim of this study was to determine the prevalence of airway malacia and its relationship with ancillary morphologic features in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). A retrospective review was performed of a consecutive series of patients with COPD who were imaged with...
- Intercultural Communicative Competence. Chunhong Zhou; Griffiths, Carol // English Language & Literature Studies;Dec2011, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p113
This paper reports on a survey conducted at a university in Beijing, China into students' intercultural knowledge. Surveys with both close-ended and open-ended questions were distributed to the students and questionnaires with open-ended questions were also sent to the international teachers. By...
- Erratum. // Journal of Official Statistics (JOS);Mar2014, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p167
A correction to the article "Are They Really Too Busy for Survey Participation? The Evolution of Busyness and Busyness Claims in Flanders" by Anina Vercruyssen, Bart Van de Putte, and Ineke Stoop that was published in the 2011 issue is presented.
- confidence limits. // ICSC Dictionary of Shopping Center Terms;2005, p29
A definition of the term "confidence limits," as used in surveys, is presented.
- omnibus surveys. // ICSC Dictionary of Shopping Center Terms;2005, p105
A definition of the research term "omnibus surveys" is presented, which refers to a form of quantitative survey conducted on a weekly basis.