Grade school kids order their lunch on the Net
- AND WATCHES COUNTS RISE: Long Island dist. adds profile to elem. meals. // FoodService Director;3/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p13
Reports on the upgrade of the meal choices of the food serve by Chartwells foodservice at Kings Park School District at its Park View and Fort Salonga Elementary Schools. Percentage increase in participation; Upgrade in the core lunch items.
- Writing on the Web. Black, Brian // Book Links;Mar1999, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p61
Discusses the use of the Internet to expand a project implemented at the Riverdale Grade School in Portland, Oregon, which gave the students a chance to discuss books on literature. Creation of Web pages; Electronic mail discussion group.
- Here's What We Do... Food Service: Serving More Than Food. // NEA Today;Sep97, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p41
Features Annie Hutchison, food service supervisor at E.L. Connally Elementary School in Atlanta, Georgia. Influence of being an activist member of the National Education Association, on her views about her job; Motivation given by the union to do a better job; Importance of developing a close...
- Fla. elementary schools teach kids the basics of foodservice. // Nation's Restaurant News;01/10/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p16
Reports on the plan by elementary schools in Florida to educate their children in the basics of foodservice. Training of children at the kitchen spearheaded by Locke assistant manager of food and nutrition services Sheri DiBiasi; Introduction of program at the Jacksonville Aramark School to...
- Puppets teach kids about food safety. // Food Management;Sep99, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p11
Focuses on the Operation Food Safety program in Arkansas schools. Founder of the program; Use of puppets to teach schoolchildren about food safety; Curriculum packages offered by the program; Members of the coalition that produced the program.
- New equipment will promote fruits and vegetables at school. // Jackson Advocate;12/16/2010, Vol. 73 Issue 9, p11A
The article reports that Canton Elementary School has purchased a specialized equipment, as part of the school's comprehensive effort to improve student health in Mississippi, which will prepare and serve fresh fruits and vegetations.
- BRINGING ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS OF TRÃS-OSMONTES E ALTO DOURO REGION TO THE NET. Santos, Gina M.; Reis, Manuel C.; Teixeira, Célia L. // Proceedings of the IADIS International Conference on WWW/Interne;Jan2003, p667
The project Apoio Ã s Escolas (AE) has for principal objective to give strong support to the elementary schools of TrÃ¡sos- Montes e Alto Douro (TMAD) region, in what concerns to the Internet's use as a learning tool. During project's first stage, we have adopted the visitâ€”working...
- COLORFUL SIGNAGE FOR IMPACT: Oregon elementary school serves food 'the kids way'. // FoodService Director;05/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p6
Provides information on the signage program of the food service company Sodexho Marriott Services at the Miller Elementary School in Salem, Oregon. Emphasis of the program; Attractions for adult customers; Cards system.
- SCHOOLS ADOPT NEW MENU: TOPEKA GETS PREPARED. // FoodService Director;9/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p1
Reports on the decision of the Topeka School District in Kansas to serve prepared meals at several elementary schools to limit labor and transportation costs, as of September 2003. Benefits of the meals program using ConAgra's Max Meals; Cost involved in the implementation of the program;...