Participation catapults 10% at Sarasota County schools
- Minneapolis school district hits market with $36.4 million COPs issue. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;01/13/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30309, p36
Focuses on the Minneapolis School District No. 1's offering of certificates of participation (COP) issuances to fund schools and additions and address maintenance needs in the district. Total worth of bonds to be offered by the district; Total worth of outstanding COP handled by the district;...
- IRS: L.A. Schools' COP Deal May Be Taxable. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;10/9/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31239, p4
Reports that multi-million dollar in certificates of participation (COP) sold by the Los Angeles Unified School District for Belmont Learning Complex may be taxable. Role of the Internal Revenue Service in passing COP; Usage of proceeds from taxes of learning complex in building schools.
- Parents. Bradley, Ann // Education Week;9/20/95, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p7
Reports that parents in Massachusetts were being given profiles of school districts by employees of a statewide Parent Information Center. Two-page data sheets as brainchild of acting state secretary of education Michael J. Sentance; Availability of the statistics on the Internet; Need to...
- High-Tech School COPs. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;09/12/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30973, p1
Reports that the Los Angeles Unified School District in California, plans to sell $172 million of certificates of participation on September 12, 2000. Uses for the proceeds from the sale; Senior manager for the negotiated deal; Formation of a financing corporation by the district.
- Florida School District Prices $239.2 Million COP Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;05/18/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31142, p3
Reports that the Broward County, Florida, School District priced $239.2 million in certificates of participation (COP) in the first of two large issuances in a week from the same South Florida county. Lead manager of the negotiated deal; Plan to use proceeds from the COP to build three high...
- FGIC to back its first Florida school COP deal. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;02/02/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30820, p3
Reports on the sale of certificates of participation by Florida's Palm Beach School District in Palm Beach County in February 2000. Companies involved in the certificates issue; Ratings given by Fitch IBCA Inc. and Standard & Poor's for the issues; Value of state aid for building; Outlook for...
- Schooled in Politics, Calif. Parents Regroup. Jacobson, Linda // Education Week;12/12/2001, Vol. 21 Issue 15, p8
Reports on the plan of parents supporting the secession of the Carson school district from the Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) in California, to continue their efforts despite the failure of a ballot proposal calling for the creation of a Carson Unified School District. Other...
- `The central office must take the lead'. Coates, Lucretia // Education Week;10/5/94, Vol. 14 Issue 5, A Family Plan p33
Reports on the role of school districts in demonstrating the priority of family involvement in education to parents and educators. Individual schools' setting of priorities; Family-involvement practices' improvement of student attendance, behavior, attitudes and achievement.
- District holds Parent Night drawing. // East Bernard Express (TX);4/28/2011, Vol. 68 Issue 17, p9
The article offers information on the Parent Night sponsored by East Bernard Independent School District's (ISD) Parental Involvement Committee in East Bernard, Texas.