PageWriter Makes History
- The Smithsonian gets with the program. Sillery, Bob; Welz, Erika // Popular Science;Jan94, Vol. 244 Issue 1, p47
Reports on a new National Software Collection at the Museum of American History that will guarantee preservation of historically significant software. Organizations expected to help build the collection; How collection will include some of the colorful touches that often characterize...
- Outsmarting Napoleon. Kernan, Michael // Smithsonian;Sep99, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p24
Focuses on Douglas Mudd, manager of the National Numismatics Collection at the National Museum of American History in the Smithsonian Institution of Washington, D.C. His interest in miniature soldiers and war games; History of war-gaming; Sets of rules for war games, including those following...
- A Passion for Strawberries. Sweeney, Melodie // Piecework;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p36
The article profiles the late embroidery collector Anne Wood Murray. She donated her collections to the Smithsonian Institution's National Museum of American History in Washington, D.C. Aside from needleworks bearing strawberry design, she also collected furniture, glass, ceramics, silver,...
- From Smoke Signals to 3G. Corcoran, Mary // Wireless Review;9/1/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 17, p14
Reports on an exhibition on the history of wireless communications at the Smithsonian Institution National Museum of American History in Washington, D.C. Artifacts found in the museum; Selection of Motorola's PageWriter 2000 wireless messaging device as a permanent collection of the museum.
- HIV and AIDS 30 Years Ago. Quinn, Mary Ellen // Booklist;9/1/2011, Vol. 108 Issue 1, p72
The article reviews the web site HIV and AIDS 30 Years Ago, at http://hivaids.omeka.net/, from the National Museum of American History.
- Smithsonian's History Explorer. Ragland, Rachel G. // Journal of American History;Jun2013, Vol. 100 Issue 1, p321
The article evaluates the website "Smithsonian's History Explorer" from the Smithsonian National Museum of American History, located at http://historyexplorer.americanhistory.si.edu.
- Ameritech Library Services System to Be Included in Smithsonian Institution Exhibit. // Information Today;Jun98, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p60
Announces that Horizon, Ameritech Library Service's library automation system, and the Resource Sharing System, has been nominated for inclusion in the Smithsonian Institution's National Museum of American History. Where description of these systems will be displayed; Comments from David...
- ON THE WEB. Burner, Joyce Adams // School Library Journal;April2009, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p48
The article reviews several web sites including Jazz: PBS Kids Go! from the Public Broadcasting Service (PBS), available at http://pbskids.org/jazz, Jazz and Blues: NPR from National Public Radio (NPR), available at www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyID=10002, and Smithsonian Jazz from...
- Access American Stories; Stories from Main Street; and Will to Adorn. // Journal of American History;Sep2014, Vol. 101 Issue 2, p679
The article evaluates the smartphone applications Access American Stories, created by the Smithsonian National Museum of American History, Stories from Main Street, created by the Smithsonian Institution Traveling Exhibition Service, and Will to Adorn, created by the Smithsonian Center for...