- Site Of The Week. // Wireless Week;10/02/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 40, p24
Evaluates the Web site of GiantBear of White Plains, New York. Details on the company; Usefulness of the Web site; How the site elements are arranged.
- On-request Web Access. // Wireless Week;10/02/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 40, p24
Describes the BearCub technology of GiantBear which allows subscribers to request and receive information from the wireless Internet using their existing digital wireless telephone. How users can access information.
- GiantBear Now Extinct. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;1/14/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p6
Reports that the assets of wireless application service provider GiantBear.com was purchased by InfoSpace Inc. Finance options for GiantBear if it had not been sold; Discussion on the short message service of GiantBear; Plans of InfoSpace.
- GiantBear signs agreement with Advertising.com. // RCR Wireless News;10/2/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 40, p14
Reports the agreement between GiantBear and Advertising.com. Objective of the deal; Implication of the deal on GiantBear; Role of Compaq Computer Corp. in the deal.
- GiantBear to acquire Savos. // RCR Wireless News;3/26/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 13, p34
Discloses wireless technology provider GiantBear's plan to acquire Savos, a global wireless company that delivers streaming audio to the mobile public.
- DEEPAK MAHBUBANI JOINS GIANTBEAR.COM. // Siliconindia;Jul2000, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p12
Reports on the appointment of Deepak Mahbubani as the senior vice president of strategic alliances of GiantBear.com in White Plains, New York. Other employees appointed; Responsibilities of Mahbubani; Company profile.
- On the prowl. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;11/13/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 46, p1
Focuses on Westchester County, New York-based GiantBear.com Inc.'s plan to become a major wireless application service provider. Chance for users to order motion picture tickets at Hollywood.com; Establishment of BearCub and AudioCub services; Growth strategies of company president Scott Nevins.
- GiantBear Taps A Google. // Wireless Week;07/24/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 30, p20
Reports on the agreement between GiantBear.com and Google Inc. to offer wireless users the ability to search and browse an index of Web pages. Programming language supported by most mobile telephone microbrowsers.
- InfoSpace buys GiantBear assets. // RCR Wireless News;1/14/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p11
Reports on the acquisition of GiantBear Inc. by InfoSpace Inc. Information on the business of GiantBear; Benefit gained by InfoSpace from the deal: News on the wireless Internet and wireless data sector as of January 14, 2002.