Economy Not Major Factor For Carriers
- Early Q1 regional results offer a tale of two carriers. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;4/18/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 16, p17
Reports on the financial performance of two wireless companies in the U.S. in the first quarter of 2005. Number of subscribers added by Alamosa Holdings during the period; Views of David Sharbutt, chairman and CEO of Alamosa, on the added subscribers; Cause of the loss incurred by Dobson...
- Subscriber Adds Beat Expectations. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;01/15/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p27
Provides information on several small wireless carriers that posted gains in the fourth quarter of 2000. Leap Wireless International Inc.; Alamosa PCS company; Dobson Communications Corp.
- Wireless Metrics. // RCR Wireless News;
The article presents information on the stock performance of several telecommunication companies from March 2-9, 2006, including Alamosa Holdings Inc., Altel Corp., BellSouth Corp., Dobson Communications Corp. and AT&T.
- Dobson bank loan looms over results, Alamosa gets roaming boost. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;3/10/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p24
Presents information on the financial performance of Dobson Communications Corp. and Alamosa Holdings Inc. in the U.S. as of March 2003. Increase in total revenues of Dobson during the fourth quarter of 2002; Drop in the net losses of Dobson in 2002; Increase in the roaming yield reported by...
- Carrier news. // RCR Wireless News;4/21/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p14
Presents news briefs on the U.S. wireless industry as of April 21, 2003. Increase in the number of subscribers of Alamosa Holdings Inc. during the first quarter of 2003; Number of net subscribers added by Dobson Communications Corp. in the first quarter.
- Small Carriers Post Big Gains. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;05/14/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 20, p1
Focuses on the subscriber base and revenues posted by regional wireless communication system carriers in the United States for the first quarter of 2001. Leap Wireless International Inc. Dobson Communications Corp.; Alamosa PCS; Western Wireless company.
- Alamosa adds 55,000 subscribers for period. // RCR Wireless News;4/23/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 17, p23
Reports on the number of network subscribers added by Alamosa Holdings Inc. in the first quarter of 2001. Details on the performance of the company.
- Dobson Adds Fewer Customers. // Wireless Week;7/15/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 28, p4
Reports that Dobson Communications Corp. added fewer new customers in the June 2002 quarter and warned that American Cellular, its joint venture with AT&T Wireless, is in apparent violation of credit covenants. Number of customers the rural carrier added in the second quarter of 2001; Estimated...
- Dobson completes Texas acquisitions. // RCR;05/08/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 19, p16
Reports on Dobson Communications Corp.'s acquisition of Texas 9 rural service areas.