- Hutchison Sells Out...For Now. Chowdhury, Neel // Fortune International (Europe);01/08/2001, Vol. 143 Issue 1, p30
Focuses on Chinese company Hutchinson Whampoa and its decision to scale back its third-generation 3G telecommunication services. Reactions of the company's decision to drop of out of bids for telecom licenses in Germany; How Hutchinson's share has performed better than other telecom companies...
- Superdrug sister retailer starts trawl for agencies. // Marketing Week;3/10/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p10
The article informs that Savers, the health and beauty retailer owned by Superdrug's holding company AS Watson Group, is understood to be looking for an advertising agency. Savers was acquired by AS Watson, the retail arm of Hong Kong-based conglomerate Hutchison Whampoa Ltd., owners of mobile...
- 3 on the lookout for new ad agency. Jacobs, heather; Swinburn, Amanda // B&T Weekly;10/28/2005, Vol. 54 Issue 2542, p3
The article reports on the review of the estimated $20 million advertising account of Hutchison 3 in Australia. The Moult Agency was handling the below-the-line component of the business since 2003 while DDB managed the above-the-line from 2001. CEO Tom Moult of The Moult Agency, was positive of...
- Telefonica sells O2 Ireland to Hutch in USD1.1bn deal. // Telecom Mergers & Acquisitions;Jun2013, p1
The article reports that Spanish firm Telefonica has agreed to sell its Irish mobile operation O2 Ireland to giant cellco firm Hutchison Whampoa Ltd.
- TELEFONICA. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;1/23/2015, pA02
The article reports that Spanish telephone company TELEFONICA is poised to agree to sell O2, its British mobile business, to Hong Kong-based Hutchison Whampoa Ltd.
- Hutchison acquires 25-percent stake in Hong Kong unit. // RCR Wireless News;3/5/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p26
Reports on Hutchison Whampoa Ltd.'s acquisition of Motorola Inc.'s 25 percent stake in Hutchison Telephone Co. Ltd.
- DATAMONITOR: Hutchison Whampoa Limited. // Hutchison Whampoa, Ltd. SWOT Analysis;May2009, p1
The article presents an overview of Hutchison Whampoa Ltd., a multinational conglomerate that is involved in diversified businesses, such as retail, telecommunications and property and hotels. The company overview, including revenues generated in fiscal year 2008, services provided and principal...
- News Headlines -- Mobiles. // MarketWatch: Telecoms;July 2003, Vol. 2 Issue 7, p12
Reports global developments related to cellular telephone companies as of July 2003. Negative reception of commentators on the games software conference organized by Nokia Corp.; Cancellation of the plans of introducing a phone based on Microsoft Corp.'s Smartphone operating system by T-Mobile...
- Hutchison Whampoa Opening Doors for Canadian Suppliers. Brake, Peter // Export Wise;Fall2007, p20
The article focuses on Hutchison Whampoa Ltd. and the scope of its operations. It offers a brief history of the company. As of 2007, Hutchison is included in the Fortune Global 500, and oversees operations in 55 countries, including Canada. It employs more than 220,000 people and is earning...