Sprint, Verizon Split Over 1xEV
- Sprint to announce 3G plans at Wireless 2001. // RCR Wireless News;3/19/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p96
Reports on the announcement of the plans of Sprint PCS at the Cellular Telecommunications and Internet Association 2001 Conference in Las Vegas, Nevada. Demonstrations of applications running on third-generation (3G) 1x technology; Opportunities provided by the 3G technology; Expectation for a...
- Sprint Adding Small Dealers In 2-Step Plan. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;05/28/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 13, p6
Reports the business plans of the Sprint PCS in Overland Park, Kansas. Implementation of the two-step distribution strategy familiar to consumer electronics retailers and manufacturers; Reasons for lack of concentration on smaller local retailers; Details on the Sprint distributor program.
- Sprint PCS to open two more local stores. Martinez, Jose // Caribbean Business;10/18/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 42, p6
Reports the plan of opening local stores by Sprint PCS in Puerto Rico. Total amount of investment; Support for the launching of wireless service network; Access of the market to innovative technology.
- Sprint Nextel: Is a turnaround coming? Luna, Lynnette // Mobile Radio Technology;Dec2007, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p54
The article discusses the initiatives that Sprint Nextel Corp. must take to advance and surpass the difficulties it faces in the U.S. wireless market. According to the author, 2007 was not a good year for the company due to the subscribers withdraw, the capacity crunch faced by its iDEN network...
- Dish Network Drops Pursuit of Wireless Carrier Sprint Nextel. // Telecom Mergers & Acquisitions;Jun2013, p1
The article reports that Dish Network Corp. has dropped its plan to acquire wireless carrier Sprint Nextel Corp.
- Sprint Nextel sets June 20 as release date for Instinct. // RCR Wireless News;5/26/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 16, p4
The article informs that Sprint Nextel Corp. is planning to start selling its touchscreen Instinct phone through its retail outlets on June 20, 2008, a date that may put the device on store shelves at almost the exact same time as Apple Inc.'s second-generation iPhone. As reported, the company...
- Sprint to launch new cell phone technology. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;3/25/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p1
Reports on the plan of Sprint PCS to launch its third-generation (3G) wireless services in New York. Price range for 3G handsets; Comments of Sprint PCS' vice president Daniel J. Olmetti; Speed of 3G technology.
- Music And Phones To The Ears. Wickham, Rhonda // Wireless Week;8/15/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 17, p17
Deals with the use of wireless communication systems by music recording companies to maximize profits from downloadable music. Remarks from Sprint PCS director of ring tones, screen savers and music, Andy Volanakis regarding the business case for straight music downloads; Cost of downloading...
- SPRINT & PALM: Win, Lose or Draw? Barg, Andrew // Wireless Week;5/1/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p6
The article discusses the issue concerning Sprint Nextel's gamble on investing the release of Palm Pre phones manufactured and marketed by Palm Inc. It cites that Sprint has high expectations on acquiring large sales from the Pre phones. It also indicates Sprint has been optimistic on the...