Goodbye Igor; Hello Natural Voices
- A bit of drawl, and a byte of baritone. Rae-Dupree, Janet // U.S. News & World Report;8/13/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 6, p44
Discusses advances in text-to-speech voice synthesis technology. How more powerful microprocessors have added humanizing inflection and character to the technology; Demonstration of software from AT&T Labs, which will allow customers to choose a voice and have an imitator with unlimited...
- AT&T developing early warning tool. Marsan, Carolyn Duffy // Network World;9/29/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 39, p31
Reports on AT&T Labs' ongoing development of a traffic analysis tool called Internet Protect. Aim to provide corporate customers with earlier indications of network attacks; Testing of the tool with several large corporations; Features of Internet Protect.
- A dose of reality. Vittore, Vince // Telephony;03/29/99, Vol. 236 Issue 13, p18
Focuses on issues concerning the Internet protocol voice market. Information on the conference sponsored by Lucent Technologies; Remarks from Siroos Afshar, district manager of AT&T Labs; Discussion on the quality of service.
- AT&T DEBUTS SPANISH LANGUAGE NATURAL VOICES TTS ENGINE. // Audiotex Update;Feb2002, p4
Reports on the launch of a Spanish language version of AT&T Labs' Natural Voices text-to-speech (TTS) engine. Software features and capabilities; Price of the Spanish TTS engine; Different editions and configurations available; Background information on AT&T Labs.
- But Can the Computer Sing? Smith, Patricia // New York Times Upfront;10/1/2001, Vol. 134 Issue 3, p9
Introduces the Natural Voices, a computer software developed by AT&T Labs. Capabilities of the software; Impact of the innovative software on personal lives; Complexities associated in developing the software.
- Demos push 40-Gbit/sec transmission. Hardy, Stephen // Lightwave;Jul99, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p27
Focuses on the breakthroughs developed by Pirelli Cables and Systems company and AT&T Labs company on 40-Gigabit/second time-division multiplexing capability. Details on the key laboratory demonstrations of both company; Information on the dispersion-compensating techniques; Significant role of...
- Wirenix to take part in AT&T Labs trial. // RCR Wireless News;3/19/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p168
Reports on the participation of Wirenix Inc. in an AT&T Labs trial of advanced voice and data services.
- The Voice of Tomorrow. Burdick, Alan // Discover;Jan2003, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p17
Focuses on Natural Voices technology developed by AT&T Labs. Brief history on the development of synthesized speech technology; Information on the Natural Voices Web site; Limitation of the technology.
- AT&T touts tool top map IP traffic. Marsan, Carolyn Duffy // Network World;10/13/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 41, p1
Reports on AT&T Labs' application of statistical techniques to create real-time traffic reports for Internet Protocol (IP) networks. IP network management; Combination of statistical gravity modeling with computer-automated tomography; Monitoring of traffic flows.