A DIALOGUE TO START A DIALOGUE
- in the shadow of GLOBALIZATION. // Orion Magazine;Spring2000, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p15
Introduces a series of articles related to the effects of globalization, including the impact of reductionism.
- Intersections: On the Move: Globalisation and Culture in the Asia-Pacific Region. Mackie, Vera; Pendleton, Mark // Intersections;Jan2010, Issue 23, p12
The article presents an overview of the impact that globalization has had on culture in Japan, China, Malaysia, Singapore and the Cook Islands. A discussion of the impact that globalization has had on the transmission of information, finance, commodities in the countries is presented. The...
- Bridging Walls and Crossing Borders in the Caribbean. Canino, Maria Josefa // Academe;May/Jun2002, Vol. 88 Issue 3, p39
Discusses the effect of globalization and neoliberalism on higher education in the Caribbean. Information on debates on faculty roles in public education; Mission of public institutions concerning the education of marginalized groups; Benefits of cross-border collaboration for higher education.
- Community Colleges as the Global Village Common. Marlin, H. // Community College Week;8/20/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p4
Urges community colleges in the United States to act as a global village common in the 21st century. Reasons for the globalization of the economy of North Carolina; List of traits of a global learner and obstacles community colleges face in addressing globalization; Background on the North...
- Introduction: Transnationality and Gender: Power, Policy, and Otherness. Williams, Fiona; Mahon, Rianne // Social Politics: International Studies in Gender, State & Societ;Fall2010, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p267
An introduction to the issue and its theme of gender and globalization is presented, with reference to articles by Christine Jacobsen and Dag Stenvoll, Helga EggebÃ¸, Janine Dahinden, and others.
- GLOBALIZATION, SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY AND AFRICAN WOMEN. // Women's International Network News;Spring2001, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p77
Presents an excerpt from the article `Globalisation, Social Responsibility and African Women,' published in `Our Rights.'
- Culture Goes Global. Jenkins, Henry // Technology Review;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 104 Issue 6, p89
Focuses on the effect of globalization on the cultural diversity in the United States. Comments of anthropologist Renata Rosaldo on the transformation of cultures; Impact of globalization on the music trends; Recognition on the international circulation of American goods as cultural imperialism.
- AMERICAN IMPACT. Newcomb, Roger // Investigate;Feb/Mar2014, Vol. 10 Issue 142, p6
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article on late night radio conspiracy evangelist George Noory along with globalism.
- GLOBALIZATION AND CULTURAL DYNAMICS IN A MULTIETHNIC STATE: Australian Multiculturalism from an International Perspective. Smolicz, J.J. // Dialogue & Universalism;2001, Vol. 11 Issue 11/12, p27
Examines the cultural dynamic of globalization and the impact on the multiethnic state in Australia. Process of cultural and economic change; Pattern of interaction among national and ethic cultures; Different types of nation-states.