Prescription Drug Costs: The Medicaid Battlefield
- Lawmakers seek to pass Medicare drug coverage. Geisel, Jerry // Business Insurance;06/19/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 25, p2
Reports on the efforts of United States congressional leaders to draft and reach agreement on legislation that would expand Medicare to include coverage for prescription drugs. Representative Bill Thomas' comprehensive Medicare drug benefit package; Reduction of employers' retiree health care...
- Medicare and Chemo. // HealthFacts;Oct2000, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p6
Provides a brief information on the views of the United States government regarding the excessive Medicare payments for anti-cancer drugs.
- Medicare drug benefit tops health reform agenda. Wechsler // Managed Healthcare;Nov99, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p17
Focuses on the efforts to establish a Medicare drug benefit as part of health reform in the United States. Proposal of legislation to provide drug benefits for seniors; Importance of prescription medicine to maintain good health; Cost issue.
- Pharmacy ranks low in wrangle over Medicare. Frederick, James // Drug Store News;7/22/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p26
Focuses on issues surrounding the real Medicare reform in the U.S. Information on the Medicare prescription drug benefit; Aim of the bill's sponsors by attempting to privatize the delivery of federally funded drug benefits; Factor that makes the Republican model for Medicare drug benefits a...
- Senate Rejects Medicare Benefit Proposal. // Chemical Market Reporter;8/5/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 4, p7
Reports on the United States Senate's rejection of the fourth Medicare drug benefit proposal.
- Agreement Seen On Medicare Prescription Drug Benefit. Brostoff, Steven // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;6/9/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 23, p3
Reports on a bipartisan agreement to establish a Medicare prescription drug benefit plan in the U.S. Tentative agreement among key senators; Losses to be assumed by the government and the health plans providing drug coverage; Increase in private sector exposure.
- Demand for a Medicare Prescription Drug Benefit: Exploring Consumer Preferences under a Managed Competition Framework. Cline, Richard R.; Mott, David A. // Inquiry (00469580);Summer2003, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p169
Several proposals for adding a prescription drug benefit to the Medicare program rely on consumer choice and market forces to promote efficiency. However, little information exists regarding: 1) the extent of price sensitivity for such plans among Medicare beneficiaries, or 2) the extent to...
- Medicare reform packages presented to Congress. // Healthcare Purchasing News;Mar2001, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p6
Reports on a pair of Medicare reform packages which calls for a universal prescription drug coverage in the U.S.
- Medicare Rx questions raise complicated issues. Fleming Jr., Harris // Drug Topics;12/6/99, Vol. 143 Issue 23, p105
Focuses on the debate on whether the United States government should offer a Medicare prescription drug benefit package. Importance of some form of drug benefit coverage as the American aging population continues to grow; Implications of the growth of pharmacy benefit managers and changes...