Does HR Want to Be a Digital Snoop?
- THE INTERNET: BUSINESS TOOL OR TOY? Parsons, Linda M.; Pacter, Paul A.; Feiler, Eyal // CPA Journal;Nov2000, Vol. 70 Issue 11, p58
Presents a case study on the perception of employees on the use of the Internet. Study on the Internet access of hypothetical companies A and B; Comparison between the perception and actual uses of the Internet.
- All work and some play. // Inc.;1998 Inc. Technology 4, Vol. 20 Issue 17, p25
Reports on trends in Internet use by employees. Percentage of Internet time devoted on business-related tasks; Types of nonwork Web sites employees visit most.
- Clean it up. Doran, G. David // Entrepreneur;Apr98, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p22
Presents information on the advantages and disadvantages of giving employees access to the Internet. How the Internet is helpful to employees; Information on some of the sites which employees may be attracted to; How this disadvantages the company and other users; Indepth look at what some...
- What are your employees doing behind closed doors? // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;4/15/96, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p10
Reports that the Internet can have a negative impact on productivity by providing a distraction for employees and offers suggestions on how this problem can be averted. Limiting e-mail to company business; Importance of understanding copyright laws; Forbiddance of unauthorized software download.
- NO PAIN, NO GAIN. // Accountancy;Oct97, Vol. 120 Issue 1250, p32
Reports on negative effects of employee access to the Internet. Dismissals on the grounds of misuse of the Internet as a source; Uses of Microsystems' Cyber Control Corporate software.
- FORM: Computers, Email, and the Internet. Guerin, Lisa; DelPo, Amy // Create Your Own Employee Handbook;2013, pF16
A form related to making policy about usage of computers, email, and the Internet by employee is presented.
- Long-hours force workers to seek web-life balance. // Personnel Today;3/4/2003, p9
Presents findings of a study conducted by online classified directory service Yell.Com on the use of the internet by British employees for personal reasons. Percentage of employees who use the internet for personal reasons; Duration of an average lunch break; Comments of Chairman of British...
- No Sex Please, You've Got Work To Do! Haggart, Geoff // Manager: British Journal of Administrative Management;Jan/Feb2002, Issue 29, p32
Focuses on the Internet misuse of employees in the corporate environment in Great Britain. Feature of the Employee Internet Management (EMI) software on the reinforcement of acceptable use policy of firms; Advantages of EMI software on Internet misuse at office; Benefits of EMI on controlling...
- Streaming media and workers do mix. Gibson, Stan // PC Week;11/15/99, Vol. 16 Issue 46, p145
Focuses on employees' use of the Internet. Downloading of large graphic files and streaming media; Importance of employees' access to valuable contents.