Court Now Says Privacy Claims Not Preempted
- Privacy Claims Preempted. Hatch, D. Diane; Hall, James E. // Workforce (10928332);Jul2000, Vol. 79 Issue 7, p72
Focuses on the ruling about the subjection of drivers and nonsupervisory employees at Consolidated Freightway's trucking terminal in Mira Loma, California, to a collective bargaining agreement between Consolidated and Teamsters Local 63. Background of the case; Dismissal of a federal district...
- Lessons learned. Labbe, Martin // Fleet Owner;Oct2002, Vol. 97 Issue 10, p12
Reports on the impact of the bankruptcy of Consolidated Freightways Inc. on various businesses. Adjustment of the financial structure of several companies; Effects of deregulation on the business performance of different firms; Reduction of profits.
- Never Mind. // Traffic World;9/2/2002, Vol. 266 Issue 35, p8
Looks at trucker Consolidated Freightways' financial troubles. Chief Executive Officer John Brincko's decision not pursue negotiations with the Teamsters union for a wage reduction; Prioritization of negotiations with lenders; Speculations on why Consolidated Freightways decided to rescind its...
- End of a Long Pround Run. Schulz, John D. // Traffic World;9/9/2002, Vol. 266 Issue 36, p26
Discusses that trucking company Consolidated Freightways Inc. is ceasing its operations in the United States. Chapter 11 bankruptcy filed by the company; Number of employees that will be out of work; Beneficiaries of the company's closing.
- Emery's failing finances spur approval of merger. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;4/10/1989, Vol. 130 Issue 15, p97
Discusses the US Justice Department's reversal of its opposition to Consolidated Freightway's purchase of Emery Air Freight Corp., citing Emery's failing finances. CF bid; Initial opposition.
- CONSOLIDATED FREIGHTWAYS FILES FOR BANKRUPTCY. // Overdrive;Oct2002, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p73
Reports on the filing of Consolidated Freightways for bankruptcy in the U.S. Number of employees laid off; Condition of the company operations; Revenue of the firm in 2001.
- CF reports $12.4 million net profit; other carriers gain in 3rd quarter. // Traffic World;10/25/93, Vol. 236 Issue 4, p30
Reports on the financial performance of Consolidated Freightways Inc. for the third quarter of 1993. Income to loss ratio; Federal tax rate benefit; Operating income; Long term debt reduction; Financial performance of other carriers.
- CF flies again. Krause, Kristin S. // Traffic World;08/11/97, Vol. 251 Issue 6, p26
Reports that Consolidated Freightways (CF) is forming a new division, called CF PrimeTime Air, to handle time-definite domestic and international air freight shipments. Clientele for CF's PrimeTime; Advantages of using CF; Network of domestic terminals; Trucking companies that take an interest...
- Stock offering. // Fleet Owner;Aug97, Vol. 92 Issue 8, p74
Provides information on Consolidated Freightways announcement, that all full time employees will be granted shares of common stock. Estimation on the amount shares of common stock; Corporate information on the company.