Using Technology To Cut Costs
- Bluetooth is coming. DeVito, Nicholas J. // Black Enterprise;Apr2001, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p54
Provides information on the Bluetooth wireless technology developed by Ericsson. Key features of the technology; Purpose of the Bluetooth Special Interest Group; Flaws of Bluetooth.
- Ericsson tries to kick-start demand for Bluetooth. Wilson, J.R. // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Nov2001, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p5
Reports the initiative of Ericsson Technology Licensing in Lund, Sweden to increase demand for Bluetooth products. Launch of the Bluetooth Embedded Stack software; Purpose of the software; Surge in interest in wireless technology.
- STILL WAITING FOR BLUETOOTH. Nobel, Carmen // eWeek;04/23/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 16, p1
Features the delayed distribution of Bluetooth technology by Ericsson AB. Formation of Bluetooth Special Interest Group (SIG); Presentation of companies joining the SIG; Complexity of the features.
- CAN WEARABLES BOOST LIFE EXPECTANCY? // Business Today;4/12/2015, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p32
The article provides statistics on the number of people who showed interest in using devices to monitor and regulate their health, the consumers were surveyed by telecom company Ericsson.
- The call of the wild. Day, Julia // Marketing Week;6/25/1998, Vol. 21 Issue 17, p41
Reports that high technology products are designed for specific segments while research and development is increasingly taking its lead from the consumer, according to Ericsson, a mobile phone manufacturer. Details on Ericsson's development center in Lund; Number of years it took Ericsson to...
- Ericsson gets wired. Titch, Steven // Telephony;11/24/97, Vol. 233 Issue 21, p84
Discusses Ericsson Inc.'s plans for playing in the market for Internet infrastructure, announced during a 1997 conference for financial and technology analysts in San Francisco, California. Opening of its CyberLab facility in Menlo Park, California; Work with Sun and Silicon Graphics; Interest...
- Ericsson Ships Bluetooth Units; Others To Come. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;04/16/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p19
Introduces Ericsson's Bluetooth headset and snap-on Bluetooth module. Key features; Retail price.
- Wireless modems in the cards. O'Malley, Chris // Popular Science;Apr95, Vol. 246 Issue 4, p51
Reports on Motorola and Ericsson's development of radio-frequency (RF) modems that fit on PC Cards. Motorola's Personal Messenger card; Ericsson's M2190 modem.
- Bluetooth A NEW VIKING SAGA. Warwick, Martyn // Voice+;Mar2000, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p26
Reports on Ericsson's development of the Bluetooth computer network protocol for use in wireless telecommunications. Naming of the software after a Viking warrior hero; Elimination of the need for cables in telephone systems; Provision of compatible short-range wireless connectivity.