Hold the Line on Salaries and Benefits
- HP, Sun duke it out in server arena. Rodriguez, Karen // Inter@ctive Week;12/02/96, Vol. 3 Issue 28, p47
Reports on Hewlett-Packard Co.'s decision to compete with Sun Microsystems Inc. in the Internet server arena. Release of its NetServer Web Master, a personal computer server based on the computer operating system Windows NT; Release of its line of HP Domain Enterprise Server and Domain Business...
- HP, SunSelect form Wabi pact. // PC Week;7/26/93, Vol. 10 Issue 29, p3
Reports on the agreement between Hewlett-Packard (HP) and the Sunselect division of Sun Microsystems Computer Corp. (SMCC) to license SMCC's Wabi technology for HP's Unix workstations. Details of the agreement; HP Workstation System Group's marketing strategies.
- HP, Sun launch trade-in programs to woo PC, workstation users. Boudette, Neal // PC Week;2/8/93, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p26
Reports on Hewlett-Packard Co. and Sun Microsystems Inc.'s trade-in programs that allow users to exchange used machines for credit toward new purchases. Discounts; Purchases of workstations.
- A contrast in styles. Boyd, John // Computing Japan;Jul97, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p48
Examines the views of Scott McNealy, head of Sun Microsystems and Lew Platt, head of Hewlett-Packard company regarding Microsoft computers. Comparisons of the personalities of both persons; Comments from Platt.
- HP to unveil Aptrex line of X Window terminals. DiCarlo, Lisa // PC Week;5/30/94, Vol. 11 Issue 21, p33
Reports on Hewlett-Packard Co.'s Aptrex line of X terminals aimed at users of Sun Microsystems Computer Corp workstations and servers. Features of the models; Capabilities; Prices.
- Sun, HP strengthen services. Fonseca, Brian; Scannell, Ed // InfoWorld;12/9/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 49, p1
Reports on the commitment of Sun Microsystems and Hewlett-Packard company to managed services. Plan of Sun to align its services division with internal product, sales and partner initiatives via a shared knowledge management system; Expectation on market revenue for worldwide information...
- Altai inks software deal worth `millions' Master, Rachel S. // Business Press;1/13/95, Vol. 7 Issue 37, p12
Focuses on the impact of Altai Incorporated, Arlington, maker of mainframe system software merger with hardware giants Hewlett-Packard and Sun Microsystems. Addition business for Altai Inc.; Comments by Mary Van Zandt, Altai's veep of marketing.
- WHAT'S HOT. Diaz Jr., Frank // Caribbean Business;10/17/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 42, p44
Presents several electronic products. Sun Cobalt line of general-purpose servers for entry-level use from Sun Microsystems company; Array of products from Hewlett-Packard.
- Sign-On-And-Go Security. Ploskina, Brian // Interactive Week;10/1/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 38, p12
Discusses Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML), which allows for a single sign-on for Web applications. Decision by several major computer companies including Hewlett-Packard to commit to using SAML; Use of SAML in Sun Microsystems authentication processes; Uses for the technology.