HR Takes On Tough Times
- Human capital, economic development, and the rural poor: Discussion. Rochin, Refugio I. // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Dec90, Vol. 72 Issue 5, p1179
Discusses the impact of human capital and economic development on the rural poor in the United States. High incidence of rural poverty among African-Americans and Hispanics; Trends affecting the rural economy; Effect of demographic trends on the rural poor.
- Human capital, economic development, and the rural poor: Discussion. Parliament, Claudia // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Dec90, Vol. 72 Issue 5, p1182
Discusses the relationship among human capital and economic development on the rural poor in the United States. Disproportionate share of poverty among African Americans and Hispanics; Deficiencies in measure of poverty; Deterioration of jobs associated with agriculture, mining and forestry in...
- Education: Investment in Human Capital. // Management Review;Sep65, Vol. 54 Issue 9, p16
No abstract available.
- Strength comes from helping all reach potential. Box, Thad // Western Farmer-Stockman;Jan2012, Vol. 135 Issue 1, p10
The author discusses the importance of investing in people and helping them reach their potential to improve the economy in the U.S.
- LOOKING for Trouble. Wells, Susan J. // HR Magazine;Jan2001, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p38
Deals with the challenges facing the human resources industry in the economy of the United States as of January 2001. Impact of productivity gains on costs; Conditions in the stock market; Forecasts on the growth of the work force. INSET: SOFT LANDING OR HARDER FALL.
- Promises, promises... Let this be a lesson. Lovero, Marge // Fairfield County Business Journal;7/1/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 26, p29
Comments on the impact of economic condition on small businesses in the U.S. Devaluation of human capital; Decline in the employment rate; Contribution of consumer behavior on business cycles.
- Utilization of labor resources in Japan and the United States. Yamagami, Toshihiko // Monthly Labor Review;Apr2002, Vol. 125 Issue 4, p25
Focuses on a study which examined the utilization of labor resources in Japan and the U.S. Description of data used; Outline of the revisions to the U.S. Current Population Survey; Adjustment of the unemployment rates in Japan to conform with U.S. definitions and concepts; Comparison between...
- The Recession That Changed It all. Magaliff, Gail A. // Journal of Jewish Communal Service;Summer/Fall2010, Vol. 85 Issue 2/3, p370
The article offers information regarding the impact of the recession in the U.S. economy. It mentions that the recession has been considered to be the longest and deepest recession due to its scope wherein more than eight millions have lost its jobs and companies have reduced their labor and...
- Doing Right and Making Money: Attracting Corporate Investment via Social Development-Creating Healthy Communities. Stein, Jay M. // Economic Development Review;Summer2000, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p36
Discusses the importance for a community's economic development strategy to emphasize investment in human capital to attract investment, compete globally and generate economic growth. Details on the economic condition in the United States (U.S.) as of August 2000; Discussion on the education...