Beware the Instant-Management Solution
- Working with those you hate. Penson, Pete G. // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;12/07/98, Vol. 12 Issue 25, p16
Offers advice on how to develop rapport with disliked co-employee. Identification of traits that irritate; Tips on how to control anger; Mental humor; Monitoring of automatic reactions of anger.
- Remember to make your presence your gift to others every day. Yow, Jane // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;12/28/98, Issue 322400, p23
Encourages employees to change their attitudes toward work. Commitment to make people's presence their gift to co-employees in the workplace; Younger people's attitude to work to live rather than live to work; Cultivation of behavior that reflects the values of respect, integrity and...
- TALKING BLUE SKIES. // Community Care;4/16/2009, Issue 1766, p58
The article provides an answer to a question on the attitude of a manager towards women employees.
- We thought piling up stuff was being neat. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);12/25/98, Vol. 45 Issue 52, p5A
Cites a survey by the Steelcase Workplace Index on workplace trends in the United States. American workers' perception of themselves as `neat freaks'; Percentage of employees who considered themselves `pilers' and `filers.'
- Pet peeves in today's officeplace. // Secretary;Aug/Sep96, Vol. 56 Issue 7, p4
Lists the pet peeves of employees in office environments in the United States. Includes too hot or cold room temperature; Noise from construction, traffic or people; Uncomfortable or cramped workstations.
- Psychological stress in today's office environment. Allie, Paul // Supervision;Dec96, Vol. 57 Issue 12, p3
Focuses on the importance of the creation of a healthy office environment that helps people work effectively while eliminating dangers to both their physical and psychological health. Social climate; Relationship with management; Job pressures; Privacy; Organizational issues; Job design;...
- How much fun is your workplace? Smith, Shawn // Westchester County Business Journal;12/9/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 49, p4
Provides tips in creating a fun work environment. Incorporation of humor when delivering a managerial speech; Recognition on the creativity of employees; Conduction of corporate activities.
- An emotion-centered model of voluntary work behavior: Some parallels between counterproductive work behavior and organizational citizenship behavior. Spector, Paul E.; Fox, Suzy // Human Resource Management Review;Summer2002, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p269
Presents an emotion-centered model of voluntary work behavior. Difference between counterproductive work behavior (CWB) and organizational citizenship behavior; Variety of job conditions which elicit emotional performance; Association of CWB with the personality characteristics of trait anger...
- An integrative model of the empowerment process. Robbins, T.L.; Crino, M.D.; Fredendall, L.D. // Human Resource Management Review;Fall2002, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p419
Examines the integrative model of empowerment process. Unification of model to integrate multiple level of activity and complex relationship; Description on the empowerment process from intervention design to subsequent employee behavior; Interaction between localized work environment and...
- Remote Control ï¿½ a Case Study. Parker, Chris // Manager: British Journal of Administrative Management;Mar/Apr2002, Issue 30, p30
Focuses on the access of employees to technology in Great Britain. Introduction of remote working; Importance of technological change in the workplace; Role of technology in business practices.