DC schools mulling new type of f/s management
- The Big Turnaround. Buzalka, Michael // Food Management;Jul2011, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p14
The article reports on the success of the food service of the Food and Nutrition Services' (FNS) department for Orange County Public Schools (OCPS) in California. It succeeded in this endeavor by hiring inTeam Associates in 2002 to help in the overhaul and management of the foodservice operation...
- PLUS SHIFT TO PREPARED FOODS: Branding, a la carte sales help Tenn. district build revenue. Bond, Marian // FoodService Director;07/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p50
Reports on the changes in foodservice management in Nashville-Davidson County Metropolitan Public Schools in Tennessee. Factors considered in implementing the changes; Menu options at the high school levels; Way of offsetting labor shortages in the district.
- Food not glorious in academies - shock. // 14-19 Learning & Skills Bulletin;5/18/2012, Issue 57, p4
The article presents a result on the research done by the national charity School Food Trust in which the academies has failed to promote the healthier eating in schools.
- Jessica Shelly: Passionate Producer. Schilling, Becky // FoodService Director;10/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p30
The article profiles Jessica Shelly, food services director at Cincinnati Public Schools in Cincinnati, Ohio. It highlights the contribution of Shelly to the transformation of food services at the school district including the construction of additional salad bars, the implementation of a...
- Aladdin adds NJ schools firm. // FoodService Director;2/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p13
Reports on the acquisition of Stanhope, New Jersey-based Dowling Food Service Management Inc. by Aladdin Food Management Services in 2005. Background on Aladdin; Number of public and private schools served by Dowling in New Jersey; Contribution of the acquisition to the growth of the business.
- B&I cafeteria prices show `gradual' rise vs. last year. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p8
Comments on the increase in prices of B&I foodservice operations in the United States in 1997 as compared to that of 1992. Information on a study which was conducted; Factors which attributed to the price increase; Details on products which have experienced the most increases.
- 1.2 million small employers start. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p28
States that commencing July 1, 1997 foodservice companies in the United States will be required to begin Federal payroll tax payments by means of electronic deposit to disregard the coupon deposit system which is used by the companies. Impact of the change on small companies; Penalties for the...
- Seeking to extend incentive. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p28
States that the foodservice industry lobbyists are requesting the United States Congress to expand the Federal Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) program. Reasons for requests; Impact of the proposal made by the industry on unskilled workers; Changes which would be made to the program if the...
- What makes a "Best Onsite concept"? // Food Management;Jan2007, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p24
The article presents an invitation for nomination for the Best Onsite Concepts competition by the "Food Management" periodical.