Is Surrogate Motherhood Moral?
- Buying and selling babies. Novak, Michael // Commonweal;7/17/87, Vol. 114 Issue 13, p406
Explains contract with the mother of Baby M which was carried through by a series of deceptions. Can any contract to buy or to sell a human being be valid? Author believes in limited markets, and gives reasons.
- Outlaw surrogate mothering. // Christianity Today;4/3/87, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p14
Editorial. The practice of surrogate mothering should be outlawed, not merely regulated. Surrogate mothers may create a new class of breeder women and further confuse the family unit. Slavery laws; Scriptural teaching; Child's identity confusion; Baby M case decision.
- Wombs shouldn't be for rent. Meehan, M. // U.S. Catholic;Sep87, Vol. 52 Issue 9, p16
Discusses surrogate motherhood; Its history; Meaning; Reasons why Americans should outlaw surrogacy. Alternatives for infertile couples who want children. Questions and comments from readers.
- The ethics of surrogacy: Women's reproductive labour. van Niekerk, Anton; van Zyl, Liezl // Journal of Medical Ethics;Dec95, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p345
Focuses on the moral aspects of surrogate motherhood from the perspective of the surrogate mother herself. Focus on the claim that surrogate motherhood is similar to prostitution.
- German legislation to protect embryos. Karcher, Helmut L. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);8/19/89, Vol. 299 Issue 6697, p476
Focuses on the Embryo Protection Bill implemented in Germany. Emphasis on the control of fertilization and embryo transfer practices in the country; Guidelines relative to embryo transplantation and insemination; Criticisms of social democrats on the legality of the regulation.
- In vitro fertilization widely used. // National Catholic Reporter;10/15/99, Vol. 35 Issue 44, p13
Focuses on religious issues raised by the reproduction technology called in vitro fertilization. Evidence of success of reproductive technology; Number of children worldwide who owe their existence to in vitro fertilization; Implications of in vitro fertilization.
- Appendix VI: Interim report on human in vitro fertilisation and embryo replacement and transfer. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);5/14/1983, Vol. 286 Issue 6377, p1594
Evaluates the report of the British Medical Association committee on human in vitro fertilization and embryo replacement and transfer. Consideration for ethical guidance to the medical profession on the program of in vitro fertilization; Forms of human infertility; Techniques in in vitro...
- Cosmic cash, consent and conception. Dalyell, Tam // New Scientist;02/08/97, Vol. 153 Issue 2068, p49
Opinion. Comments on developments in Great Britain as of February 8, 1997. Determination of British physicists to press ahead in major space experiments despite the June 1996 Ariane 5 disaster; Ethical considerations in Diane Blood's plea to health officials to use the sperm of her late...
- In vitro fertilization in Islamic perspective. Farahi, E. // Journal of Jahrom University of Medical Sciences;1/15/2014, Vol. 11, p274
Intrduction: Negligence toward emergent problems in family is not permissible as it has played a crucial role in the formation of human societies and Islam has always stressed the preservation of family. In vitro fertilization is one of these emergent issues. The couplesâ€˜ right to have a...