Miami Univ. adds smoothie bar
- Winklestein's moves to Gold Coast. // Nation's Restaurant News;3/13/95, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p11
Reports on the relocation of Winklestein's delicatessen to a Gold Coast location in Chicago, Illinois, after outgrowing its River North storefront a few blocks away. Menu features; Salad bar; Baked potato bar; Alcohol bar.
- Sub par swing. Casper, Carol // Restaurant Business;02/01/98, Vol. 97 Issue 3, p37
Focuses on a slowdown in the sub/sandwich shop openings in the United States. Sandwich shop operators' claims of expansion opportunities; Regional competitors' targeting of a national status; New pressures from sandwich alternatives.
- Breakfast on the bad side of town. Beaudry, Michel // Ski;Jan95, Vol. 59 Issue 5, p24
Chronicles the author's eating experiences at the Southside Deli in Whistler. His relationship with the proprietor of this favorite haunt of the skiing crowd; Additional features of this restaurant.
- Schlotzky's Deli switches to authentic Jewish style. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;12/16/96, Vol. 35 Issue 51, p5
Reports on conversion of Schlotzky's Deli in Westchester County, New York State into a New York-style Jewish delicatessen. Reason for the move; Features of the remodelling of the restaurant; Comment by Paul Gluck, co-owner of the deli.
- On A Roll Deli to be launched by engineer. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;6/19/95, Vol. 24 Issue 51, p11
No abstract available.
- Redesigning Zabar's. Furman, Phyllis; Lentz, Philip // Crain's New York Business;11/28/94, Vol. 10 Issue 48, p6
Reports on the rearrangement of the departments at Zabar's store in New York City. Increase in sales; Plan to renovate the kitchens.
- Southwest heat. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Nov93, Vol. 94 Issue 11, p96
Presents several delicatessens packaged as gift items. Spicy salsa from Tres Chic of Texas; Texas Tray of Tru-Tex Prod.; Cinnamon crunch almonds from Hubbard's Cupboard.
- New deli to be launched in Sugar House. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;3/25/96, Vol. 25 Issue 39, p7
Reports on the opening of the What I Like Deli at 803 E. 2100 So., Sugar House in Salt Lake City, Utah on April 1, 1996.
- Deli's extensive biz menu began with vision of two men. Moran, Tim // Crain's Detroit Business;09/08/97, Vol. 13 Issue 36, pE-13
Presents an interview with Paul Saginaw, one of the owners of the delicatessen called `Zingerman's,' in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
- Schlotzsky's to open NYC unit. // Nation's Restaurant News;1/16/95, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p11
Reports on Texas-based deli chain Schlotzsky's Deli's opening of a unit in New York City in the spring of 1995 after owners Cyrus Sakhai and Sassan Mahfar have signed a property lease at 56th and Sixth Avenue.