Retail shares buck the gloomy trend
- Deal puts Furniture Brands on top. McIntosh, Jay // Furniture/Today;5/12/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 35, p18
Reports on the ranking of the furniture manufacturers in the U.S. Estimation of the annual sales; Increase of market share; Acquisitions made by the industry.
- Cost controls, growth help profits rebound. McIntosh, Jay // Furniture/Today;5/12/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 35, p22
Reports on the growing earnings of the furniture manufacturers in the U.S. Increase of the operating profit; Escalation of market share; Use of global sourcing.
- Top 25 reach 50% share. McIntosh, Jay // Furniture/Today;05/07/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 34, p1
Reveals that the top 25 United States-based furniture manufacturers supplied half of the residential furniture sold in the country in 2000. Manufacturers' continued competition for retailers' business; Difference of consolidation practices in the furniture industry as compared to other industries.
- Talk of Burberry sale boosts GUS. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;11/24/2000, Issue 5215, p5
Reports the market share of the furniture industry in Great Britain as of November 2000. Success of the luxury fashion brand Burberry of GUS company; Factors contributing to the gains of House of Fraser company; Percentage lost by Marks & Spencer; Sales performance of retailers and manufacturers.
- Share Update on 31 March. // Cabinet Maker;4/4/2003, Issue 5331, p6
Presents a chart depicting the market share of several furniture retailers and manufacturers as of April 2003.
- Top 25 growth appears to outspace industry. // Furniture/Today;5/12/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 35, p18
Reports on the annual sales of the furniture manufacturers in the U.S. Increase of market share; Profit margin; Assessment of the wholesale market.
- Curtain up on increase covering sales. // Cabinet Maker;11/22/2002, Issue 5314, p3
Focuses on the business performance of several furniture companies in Great Britain. Assessment on the revenue growth of various retail stores; Details on the market share of the furniture industry; Increase of sales.
- BFD opens in Alburquerque. // Furniture/Today;5/12/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 35, p32
Reports on the launching of Bassett Furniture Direct store in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Increase of market share; Alleviation of sales revenue.
- Getting Real: Who's Afraid of the Trade Deficit? Some Aren't. Harbatkin, Lisa // Wood Digest;Mar2005, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p22
Reports on the outlook of the woodworking industry in the U.S. Challenges faced by the wood resource suppliers and secondary manufacturers in holding their market share of the domestic market following the increasing bulk of imports and shifting distribution channels; Loss of domestic...