Hospitals Transitioning from Tactical to Strategic Cost Management: HFMA Study
- HFMA in action.... // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Feb94, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p8
Reports on the hospital tour hosted by Healthcare Financial Management Association (HCMA) for Congressional staff members at the Greater Southeast Community Hospital in Washington, D.C. Admitting, discharging and collecting payment for patients; Complexity of various hospital processes; Contact...
- HFMA president and CEO Clarke addresses Brazilian Healthcare ... // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Oct97, Vol. 51 Issue 10, p26
Informs the Third International Congress of Hospital and Health Management and 21st Brazilian Congress of Hospital Management provided opportunity for Healthcare Financial Management Association to participate in an international exchange of ideas on healthcare management. Number of...
- HFMA Shares Tool for Readmission Reduction Program. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Jul2011, Vol. 65 Issue 7, p14
The article reports on the move of the Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA) to offer its member a web-based tool developed by CBIZ KA Consulting Services LLC that will provide a readmission report customized for an individual hospital setting in the U.S.
- HFMA, AHA launch patient-friendly billing initiative. Webb, Craig // AHA News;08/07/2000, Vol. 36 Issue 31, p3
No abstract available.
- HFMA Cited in Article on Downturn in Volume of Paying Patients. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Dec2008, Vol. 62 Issue 12, p34
The article focuses on the report titled "Hospitals See Drop in Paying Patients," which was published in the November 6, 2008 issue of "New York Times." The report addresses the decline in the volume of paying patients at a number of hospitals in the U.S. It also cites the comment of Healthcare...
- Member Spotlight Send in the Clowns. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Nov2009, Vol. 63 Issue 11, p25
No abstract available.
- you can observe a lot just by watching. Rodriguez, Richard // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Jan2006, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p30
The article calls on all Healthcare Financial Management Association members in the U.S. who work in hospitals and health systems to visit and observe the medical and surgical units, the radiology department, or the emergency department of hospitals. This can help healthcare financial managers...
- Hfm Product/Service Mart. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Jan2006, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p130
The article features products and services offered by the Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA) in the U.S. HFMA is offering E-Learning curriculum, a training management with courses in finance, billing, accounting and managed care. The association has also launcheda revenue cycle...
- Philanthropy: The Last Frontier for Capital Funding. Cleverley, William O.; Cleverly, James O. // Journal of Healthcare Management;Sep/Oct2005, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p290
Presents a series of reports on healthcare management by the Healthcare Financial Management Association. Tightening of access of hospital industry to capital; Significant capital needs faced by many hospitals as facilities are rapidly aging; Enhancement of technology and government-regulation...