The Withdrawal Policy Statement
- Two Philosophies. Gallant, Dennis; Schneider, Howard // Research;May2009, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p34
The article offers information on the two effective approaches for retirement portfolio management. It mentions that there are several financial advisors who have adopted the two approaches in assets management maintaining the stability of retirement portfolios. It highlights the two effective...
- Can We Talk? Gallant, Dennis; Schneider, Howard // Research;Apr2009, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p28
The article discusses the retirement income planning process. It includes the importance of the discovery process such as qualification, initial consultation and orientation as well as data collection. It notes that advisors need to uncover issues that clients may be unable to readily...
- Big Apple Retirement Makes Move on TIPS. Forde, Arnella J. // Investment Management Weekly;12/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 49, p1
Reports on the request for proposals issued by the retirement plans within the New York City Retirement System for managers to oversee the allocations to Treasury Inflation-Protected Securities (TIPS). Basis of the system for selecting TIPS investment; Statement from system spokeswoman Nicole...
- Target-Date Funds: A Temporary Solution to a Permanent Problem. Blanchett, David M. // Journal of Financial Planning;Sep2011, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p60
The widespread acceptance of target-date portfolios has improved participant investing. More participants are deciding to let investment professionals manage their accounts and will likely achieve higher returns and less risk as a result. Unfortunately, target-date portfolios. in particular...
- Software helps divvy up client investments. Needleman, Ted // Accounting Today;12/20/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 22, p24
Reviews several computer software that perform asset allocation. Retirement Income Navigator from Brentmark Software; Cheshire Financial Planning System from Cheshire Software Inc.; Planning Station from SunGard Online Investment Systems; Zephyr StyleAdvisor from Zephyr Associates Inc.
- Felicelli: Growth Fundamentals, Research, Drive Flex-Cap Success. // Investment Management Weekly;10/4/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 39, p6
Relates the success of the Flex-Cap Growth portfolio strategy of Franklin Private Client Group. Principles behind the strategy; Attributes of its success; Sectors where the strategy proved successful.
- Montana Hires Consultant. Sorondo, Marc // Investment Management Weekly;11/7/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 42, p2
Reports on the selection of a full retainer investment consultant for the Montana Board of Investments. Decision of the board to put the identity of the firm under cover until contracts are negotiated on November 15, 2005; Background on the selection process.
- Race For Market Share And Profits Mark Thai Fund Industry. // Emerging Markets Monitor;12/4/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 33, p8
The article analyzes the condition of the asset management industry in Thailand. The industry is seeing competition and fund managers are devising strategies to compete and salvage plunging bottom lines. Management fee attracted by equity funds have fallen to 1-1.5 percent and the fee for bonds...
- Get down to fundamentals. Harris, Mark // Money Marketing;10/6/2005, p32
Discusses the view of the writer regarding the global multi-manager portfolios. Factors that determine the performance of a fund manager; Relation of market efficiency to average returns; Importance of knowing the market fundamentals on the fund managers; Significance of analyzing the cost of...