Alternative Investments Continue to Gain Acceptance
- Code name Qrops. Greenwood, John // Money Marketing;5/12/2011, p49
In this article the author cites the need for a code of practice solve the problems on sharp practice and tax leakage of Qrops transfer and to help independent financial advisors (IFAs) in avoiding pitfalls in dealing with genuine cases in Great Britain.
- Whole of market knowledge and structured products. Lowes, Ian // Fundweb;4/23/2012, p14
A blog is presented discussing a ruling of the British Financial Services Authority (FSA) on the whole of market knowledge of structured investment products for independent financial advisers (IFAs) under the retail distribution review (RDR).
- Fee-Based Advisers Call Alternatives a Must-Have. // Money Management Executive;9/19/2011, Vol. 19 Issue 36, p4
The article reports on a survey conducted by Jefferson National Life Insurance Co. related to increase in the usage of alternative investment classes and tactical asset allocation by the registered investment advisors and fee-based advisers of the U.S. for the protection of their clientsâ€™...
- Clerical sees end of boom in non-regulated products. Henshall, Angela // Money Marketing;9/11/2003, p8
Reports on the impact of the regulation of protection and mortgages on sales of non-regulated products. Effect on the cost of procuration fees on mortgages and commission on protection products; Benefits of the regulation on independent financial advisers operating in a regulated environment.
- Beware to life's big brand carousel. Hunter, Teresa // Corporate Adviser;Sep2011, p46
The author presents her views regarding the likelihood of poor performance in closed life insurance businesses in Great Britain. She notes that eight out of ten advisers will likely to look seriously at moving any group scheme involved in radical restructuring. She suggests to consider a...
- Structured product platform in talks with other administrators. Ellul, Joanne // Money Marketing (Online Edition);8/23/2012, p21
The article offers information on the plans of Structured Products GO, investment platform, to decrease the costs in the run-up to the Retail Distribution Review (RDR) in Great Britain. It mentions that the platform was formed for institutional investors and financial advisers. According to...
- AIFMD could drive costs higher for small fund managers. Langston, Rob // Fundweb;3/15/2012, p9
The article reports that according to Stuart McLaren, investment partner at Deloitte, strict implementation of the alternative investment fund managers directive (AIFMD) could see costs for small fund managers increase in Europe. McLaren adds that the costs fund managers face will depend largely...
- Brian Tora: How times have changed. Tora, Brian // Money Marketing (Online Edition);12/18/2014, p1
The article focuses on various changes in the investment industry of Great Britain since 1960s. Topics discussed include how the business and selling culture changed for independent financial advisers (IFA); why modern adviser is far more likely to be focused on investment issues; and how, from...
- REID ALL ABOUT IT. Reid, Robert // Money Marketing;1/15/2004, p28
Focuses on the approach in explaining a product or recommendation by the Independent Financial Advisers in Great Britain. Disadvantages of the assumption that clients keep up to date with regulatory developments; Need to ensure that clients do not restrict themselves to investment products;...