Finding Investment Opportunities in Today's Credit and Real Estate Markets
- Housing Finance: Major Developments in 1987. Jin Lee, John; Mancuso, John H. // Business Lawyer;May88, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p1025
Focuses on housing financing in the United States during 1987. Imposition of interest rate cap on mortgage loans; Emergence of pattern on lender liability; Proposal to regulate the Real Estate Settlements Procedure Act of 1974.
- Preparing for the Public Release of the 2004 HMDA Data. Israel, Jodi // Mortgage Banking;Jul2005, Vol. 65 Issue 10, p81
Presents tips and advisories in preparing for the expected release of the 2004 Home Mortgage Disclosure Act in the U.S. Strategies for companies that has risk-based pricing policies; Questions to answer for companies that uses brokers; Comparison of prime and subprime credit.
- FIXED INCOME JOINS THE PARTY. Prothro, David; Windmueller, Andy // Canadian Investment Review;Winter2006, Vol. 19 Issue 4, Special Section pR13
The article focuses on the expansion of the Canadian fixed income market. It cites developments in investment related to the fixed income market such as the growth of the Canadian securitized sectors and the removal of foreign content restrictions that encouraged more global holdings in fixed...
- SOMETHING'S FISHY HERE. // Mortgage Banking;Jun2011, Vol. 71 Issue 9, p44
The article focuses on short sale fraud. It states the use of short sale in real estate business has cost mortgage lenders an additional 310 million dollars per year in losses because of questionable transactions. It states therefore lenders and investors are now demanding affidavits and other...
- NEWS BRIEFS. // Pensions & Investments;11/28/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 24, p26
The article presents news briefs related to the investment market in the U.S. Arizona State Treasury and the Arizona State Board of Investment approved a 20% allocation to Treasury inflation-protected securities. California's pension obligation bond plan violates the state constitution....
- Key data: The listed sector. // EuroProperty;2004/2005, p60
This article presents a chart to depict the global real estate industry of Europe. Europe gained 1.2% with France and Sweden as the best performers. The EPRA Europe Index rose 1.2% in October. France led the way with an increase of 4.5% while Sweden, September's star performer, added 2.8%. The...
- When equities become an ATM. Taylor, Mike // Money Management;1/29/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p4
The article reports that institutional investors are forced to use their equity portfolios as automatic teller machines (ATM) due to their reluctance or inability to sell tradeable securities at fair market values. It cites Mark Keleher of Bank of New York Mellon Transition Management, reckoning...
- Michigan Plan to Probe Real Estate. Forde, Arnella J. // Investment Management Weekly;12/20/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 50, p1
Reports on the plan of the City of Dearborn Retirement System to invest in the real estate business. Consultant of the plan; Allocation of the plan in terms of domestic equity, fixed-income and cash.
- Strategic bond funds top sector sales in March. Langston, Rob // Fundweb;5/3/2012, p6
The article reports that the Sterling Strategic Bond sector faced highest sale in March 2012. According to the Investment Management Association (IMA), fixed income funds remained the most dominant asset class in March. It mentions that fixed income funds were the strongest inflows from retail...