Hot, Hot Story!
- COURIC TAKES ON CRIX. Adalian, Josef // Daily Variety;6/2/2006, Vol. 291 Issue 44, p1
The article reports that the anchor woman of "CBS Evening News," Katie Couric, has responded to critics' claim that she does not have enough experience to handle the nightly news. Couric claims that she resents such criticisms and that she has done enough news interviews as any evening news...
- Top of the Morning. Schneider, Karen S.; Baker, K.C.; Felder, Rachel; Paley, Rebecca; Herbst, Diane; McNeil, Elizabeth; Hontz, Jenny; Swertlow, Frank; Flans, Robyn; Foster, J. Todd // People;1/14/2002, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p88
Profiles 'Today' co-host Katie Couric. How she handles her status as the world's highest-paid television news personality; Relationship with multimillionaire television producer Tom Werner; Hardships she has endured, including the deaths of her husband Jay Monahan of colon cancer and sister...
- Couric Ready But Cautious. Greppi, Michele // Television Week;7/31/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 30, p8
The article reports that U.S. news anchor Katie Couric is prepared to be a correspondent of CBS in Iraq. Couric said she would not want to go to an increasingly violent Iraq. Those comments came soon after a Baghdad bomb attack that critically injured a television correspondent and killed a...
- Hey, Katie--how's that new job? // Glamour;Dec2006, Vol. 104 Issue 12, p262
This article presents an interview with broadcaster Katie Couric, chosen by "Glamour" magazine as one of its women of the year. Couric is asked if she was nervous about taking the anchor job at CBS. She is asked what criticism hurt her over the years. Couric is questioned about what she might do...
- Couric, Katie. K. J. P. // Current Biography;Apr2008, Vol. 69 Issue 4, p10
A biography of Katie Couric, a television newscaster, anchor and journalist of "CBS Evening News," is presented. She was born on January 7, 1957 and studied at York Town High School. She earned a B.A. degree in American Studies at the University of Virginia and worked as a desk assistant at the...
- Heirs to the Throne? Robins, J. Max // Broadcasting & Cable;2/20/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 8, p4
Presents a view on speculation about the possible departure of "Today" show host Katie Couric from the National Broadcasting Co. network for the anchor chair at the "CBS Evening News." Personalities who could possibly replace Courie; Action which can be done by the network.
- Growing into glamour. Woods, Vicki // Vogue;Mar2005, Vol. 195 Issue 3, p516
Profiles television anchor Katie Couric. Educational and career background; Accomplishments in the field of journalism; Details on the fashion style of Couric.
- Couric close to verdict? Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;4/3/2006, Vol. 291 Issue 1, p2
The article reports on the speculation concerning the plan of National Broadcasting Co. Inc. (NBC) television host Katie Couric to join CBS Broadcasting Inc.'s evening news in the U.S. However, Couric is still undecided on the matter. With her contract nearing an end, NBC is preparing Meredith...
- The Fluff Factor. Lowry, Brian // Broadcasting & Cable;12/13/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 50, p48
Comments on the discrimination faced by female news anchors. Information on the salary of "Today" host Katie Couric; Reason behind the misguidance on evening news chairmanship; Overview of the movie "Anchorman."