Ditch the excuses
- Expert Emphasizes Employees, Brand and Passion. Morrison, David // Credit Union Times;4/13/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 14, p10
The article presents the views of Stan Slap, a marketing and business consultant and bestselling author of the book "Bury My Heart at Conference Room B: The Unbeatable Impact of Truly Committed Managers," about the implication of employees, brand and passion for credit unions (CUs) which were...
- MAKE YOUR COMPANY WORK FOR YOU. Clancy, Andrew B. // Smart Business Chicago;Jun2011, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p10
An interview with author Stan Slap is presented. He shares that there is a danger on the perception of the management that giving priority on personal values over company priorities is the factor of organizational disorder. He mentions that truth is that a company cannot always be the first...
- MAKE YOUR COMPANY WORK FOR YOU. Clancy, Andrew B. // Smart Business Philadelphia;Jun2011, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p7
An interview with Stan Slap, the author of the book "Bury My Heart at Conference Room B," is presented. Slap notes that managers perceive the concept of putting emphasis on their personal values over the priorities of the company. He also mentions the necessity of fierce truths on management for...
- New tool helps employers maximize ROI. E. B. N. // Employee Benefit News;May2011, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p29
The article offers brief information on Center for Health Value Innovation's Health Value Accelerator online tool.
- Surgery is front and center in new Medicare value-based purchasing. // OR Manager;Jan2012, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p1
The article offers information on the value-based purchasing (VBP) program launched by Medicare in the U.S. It mentions that the Medicare payments of the hospitals are based on the performance referring to the core measures and Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and System...
- Healthcare industry says it's hard to define value. McCaffrey, Kevin // Medical Marketing & Media;Jan2016, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p12
The article reports that the challenges and obstacles in the healthcare system that would prevent a value-based system have been discussed by several executives at a government forum in November 2015.
- Bury My Heart at Conference Room B: The Unbeatable Impact of Truly Committed Managers. Jacobs, Barbara // Booklist;9/1/2010, Vol. 107 Issue 1, p22
Reviews the book "Bury My Heart at Conference Room B: The Unbeatable Impact of Truly Committed Managers," by Stan Slap.
- Value-based measurement and management of firm performance: reconciliation table. CVVYNAR, Andrzej // Applied Economics: Systematic Research;2009, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p47
The article discusses internal (residual income measures) and external (stock return measures) value-based metrics. It reveals their similarities, differences and associations among them.
- Value-based management. // A to Z of Management Concepts & Models;5/1/2005, p386
The article discusses the concept of value-based management (VBM). The important building blocks for VBM include the creation of value, managing for value and measuring the creation of value. The idea that value-based management leads to a management style which guarantees that companies and...