How should your paint perform?
- KCMA Backs CARB Standard. // Qualified Remodeler;Nov2009, Vol. 45 Issue 11, p11
The article offers industry-related updates in the U.S. Kitchen Cabinet Manufacturers Association (KCMA) supports S.1660 legislation for the adoption of the California Air Resources Board (CARB) controls on formaldehyde emissions as a national standard. Kohler Co. was named as the WaterSense...
- EPA Issues Emissions Rules Affecting Coatings Production, Coating Processes. // Paint & Coatings Industry;Nov2003, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p12
Reports on the national emission standards for hazardous air pollutants for miscellaneous coatings-manufacturing facilities issued by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) in 2003. Compliance with the standards; Number of manufacturing facilities affected by the rule; List of hazardous...
- Scholarships still available for 2015-16 school year. // Kansas Farmer (0022-8583);Oct2015, Vol. 153 Issue 10, Special section p3i3
The article discusses Western Kansas Manufacturers Association scholarships for 2015-16 school year.
- Evaluation. // Products Finishing;Feb2009, Vol. 73 Issue 5, p48
The article reports on the several different available test methods called out in the specification of the American Standard Test Method to evaluate the effectiveness of passivation in the U.S. The test methods include water immersion, high humidity, salt spray, copper sulfate and the potassium...
- Composites and Coatings Under Cavitation Pressure. Choi, Jin-Keun // R&D Magazine;Aug2012, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p18
The article explores prospective innovations that accelerate cavitation erosion on composites and coatings. It discusses the concept of cavitation erosion and accelerated erosion test. It details two methods of accelerated cavitation erosion testing which include the ultrasonic G-32 Test Method...
- NACE issues standards for pipe coating systems. // Paint & Coatings Industry;Aug99, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p20
Announces the publication of technical standards and guidelines on wax coatings systems, coal-tar enamel coating systems, and rehabilitation coatings by NACE International in Houston, Texas.
- Contamination control standards. // Industrial Paint & Powder;Apr97, Vol. 73 Issue 4, p6
Reports that coating industry professionals have completed drafting recommended practices for controlling contamination in paint spray environments and related operations. Contact information.
- 3i Show issues call for concessions. // High Plains Journal;2/10/2014, Vol. 132 Issue 6, p6B
The article reports that the Western Kansas Manufacturers Association (WKMA), which is sponsoring the annual farm exposition 3i Show, is accepting concession applications for the 60th 3i Show to be held in Kansas from July 10-12, 2014.
- IBC code change clarifies shingle standards. // RSI: Roofing, Siding, Insulation;Nov2004, Vol. 81 Issue 11, p16
Reports on the inclusion of two standards addressing high wind test methods and uplift resistance of asphalt shingles in the 2004 Supplement to the International Building Code.