Push for doubles tow-aways
- Bill seeks to insert 'common sense' into state's vehicle emissions inspection statutes. Wallace, Brice // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;3/5/2012, Vol. 41 Issue 32, p4
The article reports that the new version of House Bill 152 in Utah aims to lessen emissions testing requirements for new vehicles.
- Mercury mission. // Process Engineering;Jan2005, Vol. 86 Issue 1, p5
Reports on the legislation compelling crematoria to fit mercury filtration equipment in Great Britain. Percentage of crematoria in the mercury emissions in the country.
- LIGHTWEIGHTING: Untapped Opportunities in Ceramics. Kinsella, Tony // Ceramic Industry;Sep2012, Vol. 162 Issue 9, p19
The article reports that one area that ceramic producers can look to in their efforts to curb costs and emissions is by lightweighting which is defined as making a product lighter by using materials without compromising performance. Both the aerospace and armor industries have applied the...
- More hot air over energy policy. Milne, Roger // Utility Week;1/16/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p15
Provides information on several issues involving the energy policy of the British government. Background on a legislative bill which tackles the way of addressing wholesale loss of energy supply; Legislative efforts to prevent global warming and reduce emissions; Details of the energy White...
- DIESEL RETROFIT BILL HAS BROAD SUPPORT. Dunn, Jill // Overdrive;Aug2005, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p72
Reports on the support for the creation of a U.S. bill that offer grants and loans for the voluntary retrofitting of diesel engines to reduce emissions. Introduction of the Diesel Emissions Reduction Act of 2005; Endorsement of the bill by the Engine Manufacturers Association, the Clean Air Task...
- PA Shops Seeing Red. Goldberg, Maren // Motor Age;May2004, Vol. 123 Issue 5, p68
Reports on a legislation proposed by Pennsylvania Senators Gerald J. LaValle and Christine M. Tartaglione, Democrats, regarding emission tests caps. Reactions of service station owners to the bill; Status of the bill.
- Waxman Adds to Growing List of Climate Bills. Sissell, Kara // Chemical Week;3/28/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 11, p28
The article focuses on a bill introduced by Democratic Representative Henry Waxman of California and other House lawmakers that would include a mandatory cap-and-trade program for greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. Waxman says that the act would set targets and rely on market forces and U.S....
- Pennsylvania Senate Panel Votes to Reduce Mercury Emissions. Sissell, Kara // Chemical Week;6/21/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 21, p31
The article reports on a bill passed by the Pennsylvania Senate's Environmental Resources and Energy Committee that would reduce mercury emissions from state electric utilities by an estimated 86%. The bill would offer incentives for power generating companies to install pollution controls to...
- One small stepâ€¦. // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Sep2007, Issue 795, p9
The article focuses on the Natural Greenhouse and Energy Reporting Bill of the Australian parliament that looks to reduce the country's carbon emissions. The legislation proposes a A$21.6 million scheme that would require companies and facilities to report their annual emissions and energy use...