Penske orders 600 Volvo VN670 tractors
- T680 receives SmartWay designation. // Fleet Owner Blog;6/25/2012, p3
The article features the Kenworth T680 tractor model that earned the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) SmartWay designation.
- Long Beach to Test Low-Emission Tractors. // Traffic World;9/25/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 39, p40
The article reports on the awarding of contract to the Port of Long Beach by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency in the development of hybrid yard tractors which is expected to reduce emissions at the port by more than 90 percent in California. The project will run for two years for $1.2...
- New rules clear the air. Vogt, Willie // Prairie Farmer;Jan2011, p30
The article reports on the research and development of the new Interim Tier 4 engines by manufacturers to meet the much stricter emissions standards imposed by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- Higher standards. PETTY, GARY // Fleet Owner;Apr2011, Vol. 106 Issue 4, p32
The article offers information on Meijer Inc., which initially started as a small grocery store, and now operates 195 stores in Michigan and Ohio, offering groceries, health and beauty care, and electronics. It states that its private fleet consists of around 2,000 tractors and trailers, and it...
- New rules clear air. Vogt, Willie // Dakota Farmer;Jan2011, p38
The article reports that manufacturer of tractor will roll out the Interim Tier 4 engines due to the stricter emissions standards imposed by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- Good buy. // Farm Industry News;Jan2011, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p64
The article reports on a lineup of new high-horsepower tractors shipped by CASE IH that meet the Tier 4a emissions regulations of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- Caterpillar will stick with ACERT technology for 2007 engines. // Bulk Transporter;Jun2005, Vol. 67 Issue 12, p41
Reports on Caterpillar's plan to comply with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency emissions regulations by using Advanced Combustion Emissions Reduction Technology (ACERT) for its 2007 engines. Impact of the 2007 emissions requirements on highway engine design; Features of all 2007...
- SmartWay designation means environmental standards met. // Bulk Transporter;Oct2007, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p111
The article reports that Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania-based Mack Trucks Inc. is providing long-haul highways customers with Mack Pinnacle tractors approved by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) SmartWay program. The Certified SmartWay program requires trucks to meet the EPA's...
- Peterbilt's Model 579 gains SmartWay designation. // Bulk Transporter Exclusive Insight;7/17/2012, p5
The article deals with the announcement by Peterbilt Motors Co. that the Model 579 tractor received the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) SmartWay designation. Bill Kozek, Peterbilt general manager and vice-president of PACCAR says, they are very proud to obtain the SmartWay...