Study: Good Returns on 2010 Secured Loans
- Secured Loans Expected to Deliver the Best Risk Adjusted Returns in Years. // Secured Lender;Sep2010, Vol. 66 Issue 6, p13
The article reports that secured loans are expected to deliver more favorable returns compared to previous years as new issue spreads widen and leverage falls, according to a study by Alcentra of BNY Mellon Asset Management. Secured loans have reportedly become increasingly attractive to...
- THE ENERGY EFFECT. Cox, James; Wood, Robert // Secured Lender;Mar/Apr2006, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p76
Discusses the implications of increasing energy costs for fundamental collateral values. Influence of a company's accounting methodology on perceived collateral value; Link between borrowing, return on investments and prices; Effect of energy costs on collateral totals, profitability and loan...
- Aktienbeleihung: Pauschalansatz oder VaR? Knoll, Leonhard; Tartler, Thomas; Ziemer, Franziska // Risiko Manager;2011, Issue 16, p14
The article discusses developments in calculating credit limits and risks in the finance and banking sector, focusing on the concepts of VaR (Value at Risk) management. Several graphics and equations illustrate this. Other topics discussed include lombard credit, methods of calculation, and...
- Collateral and Adverse Selection in Transition Countries. Weill, Laurent; Godlewski, Christophe J. // Eastern European Economics;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p29
This paper tackles the question of knowing whether collateral helps to solve adverse selection problems in transition countries. We use a unique data set of about four hundred bank loans in sixteen transition countries. Our findings support the view of a positive link between the presence of...
- Secured loan lending reached Â£352m in 2012. Brennan, Henry // Mortgage Strategy (Online Edition);1/16/2013, p15
The article reports on the increase in secured loan lending in Great Britain in 2012 compared with 2011.
- Secured loans sector records 19th month of year-on-year growth in May. // Mortgage Strategy (Online Edition);6/17/2013, p1
The article reports on the growth in Great Britain's secured loans lending sector in May 2013.
- Secured loan lending tops Â£30m in January. Brennan, Henry // Mortgage Strategy (Online Edition);2/19/2013, p14
The article reports that secured loan lending in Great Britain has reached 30.1 million British pounds in January 2013, the highest for January result since 2009.
- Fluctuating collateral value in bankruptcy. Katz, Owen W. // Secured Lender;Mar/Apr96, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p6
Analyzes cases of determining secured creditors' entitlement to postpetition interest when collateral value fluctuates. Choice of valuation point during bankruptcy proceedings; Entitlement to increase in collateral value; Protection for interim increases.
- Counting on collateral for business loans. Acres, Harold // New Hampshire Business Review;9/13/96, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p10A
Informs on collateral for business loans. Collateral required for most commercial loans; Key criterion for acceptable collateral; Advice to business owners.