Harrah's Inks Exchange Deal with PE Sponsors
- Harrah's reduces debt with swap. Knightly, Arnold M. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);4/20/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 16, pP17
The article reports on the success of Harrah's Entertainment in reducing its debt load by 2.3 billion U.S. dollars in debt swap.
- Harrah's Offers Bondholders Tough Exchange. M. S. // High Yield Report;11/24/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 45, p1
The article reports that Harrah's Entertainment Inc. has offered a debt exchange that will be used to its bondholders with less than par for their bonds. The company has announced that it would exchange as much as $2.1 billion in debt maturing between 2010 and 2018 for new second-lien secured...
- Harrah's Offers Bondholders Tough Exchange. M. S. // Bank Loan Report;11/24/2008, Vol. 23 Issue 45, p4
The article focuses on the debt exchange offered by Harrah's Entertainment to pay many bondholders less than par for their bonds. The company has announced on November 14, 2008 that it would exchange as much as $2.1 billion in debt manufacturing between 2010 and 2018 for new second-lien secured...
- Debt Holders Know When To Hold 'Em. M. S. // Bank Loan Report;12/8/2008, Vol. 23 Issue 47, p1
The article discusses the issue of revolts among companies and their debt holders. Station Casinos Inc. is facing a bondholder revolt over its debt exchange offer, which is meant to prevent the troubled casino operator from tripping a technical default on its covenants. Considering a large...
- Harrah's Plans Debt Exchange. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;3/9/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p23
The article reveals the plans of Harrah's Entertainment to issue a debt exchange offer to avail of the benefits of new taxation laws that offer advantages to U.S. companies reducing their debt, in March 2009. To date, the company's outstanding debt is at 23 billion U.S. dollars, with about 700...
- Harrah's owners buy company debt. Knightly, Arnold M. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);3/23/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 12, pP22
This article reports on the acquisition by Harrah's Entertainment's owners of a part of the company's debt in a bid to ensure they remain in control of the company in the case of bankruptcy. For the full year, the company posted a $5 billion loss as a result of a write-down it took in the fourth...
- Harrah's expands hotels in Vegas, Atlantic City. // Hotel & Motel Management;9/4/95, Vol. 210 Issue 15, p46
Reports on Harrah's Entertainment Inc.'s announcement of a major expansion plans for two casinos-hotels in Las Vegas and Atlantic City, New Jersey.
- Harrah's, Rio shareholders approve merger. // Las Vegas Business Press;11/23/98, Vol. 15 Issue 47, p22
Focuses on shareholders' approval of the merger proposal between Harrah's Entertainment Inc. and Rio Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- The big game begins. Maginnis, John // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);5/8/95, Vol. 15 Issue 44, p5
Opinion. Comments on the opening of the Harrah's Casino in New Orleans, La. Casino's opening as New Orleans' entry into the gambling business; Effects of the casino operations on the New Orleans economy.