Pericardial Disease: Diagnosis and Management
- Mesothelioma of the Pericardium with Cholesterol Pericarditis. Argianas, Elias; Melissinos, K.; Drivas, G.; Demoeliopoulos, J. // Angiology;Apr1974, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p297
Describes the case of a 50-year-old female presented with mesothelioma of the pericardium associated with cholesterol pericarditis. History of the patient's medical condition; Medical examinations and manifestations; Management of the patient's medical case.
- Encircling All Of The Heart By A Bone Cage Due To Chronic Constrictive Idiopathic Pericarditis. Yetkin, Ufuk; Özpak, Berkan; Çallı, Aylin; Özbek, Cengiz; Gürbüz, Ali // Internet Journal of Thoracic & Cardiovascular Surgery;2009, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p7
The calcific deposits may vary in size from microscopic to massive, encircling all or most of the heart and readily visible by radiographic examination. In this study we're presenting a massive calcific pericardial heart disease due to idiopathic ethiology and encircling all of the heart .We're...
- Myopericarditis versus viral or idiopathic acute pericarditis. Imazio, M.; Cecchi, E.; Demichelis, B.; Chinaglia, A.; Ierna, S.; Demarie, D.; Ghisio, A.; Pomari, F.; Belli, R.; Trinchero, R. // Heart;Apr2008, Vol. 94 Issue 4, p498
Objective: To investigate the relative incidence, clinical presentation and prognosis of myopericarditis among patients with idiopathic or viral acute pericarditis. Design: Prospective observational clinical cohort study. Setting: Two general hospitals from an urban area of 220 000 inhabitants....
- Severe calcification of the lateral mitral annulus in constrictive pericarditis: a potential pitfall for the use of echocardiographic tissue Doppler imaging. Butz, Thomas; Langer, Christoph; Scholtz, Werner; Jategaonkar, Smita; Bogunovic, Nikola; Horstkotte, Dieter; Faber, Lothar // European Journal of Echocardiography;May2008, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p403
According to the guidelines of the European Society of Cardiology on the diagnosis and management of pericardial diseases, tissue Doppler imaging (TDI) is proposed to be part of the diagnostic work-up in patients with suspected constrictive pericarditis (CP). We describe a case which illustrates...
- HEMODYNAMIC RESPONSE TO EXERCISE IN CONSTRICTIVE PERICARDITIS. Montero, Alfredo C.; Smith, William G.; Takezawa, Hideo; Lewis, John M.; Alexander, James K. // Angiology;Sep1968, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p471
Presents observations made at rest and during exercise when feasible in patients undergoing heart catheterization with a diagnosis of suspected constrictive pericarditis. Effect of stress, particularly exercise on hemodynamic characteristics; Oxygen consumption against cardiac output.
- Purulent Pericarditis in Childhood. Tahernia, A. Cyrus; Sharif, H. // Clinical Pediatrics;Aug1970, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p499
In 1941, Strieder observed that the case fatality of purulent pericarditis had been reduced from 100% to 50% by the introduction of surgical drainage. Further reduction to about 40% followed the addition of antibiotic therapy, though rates in different clinics have been variable. This report...
- Acute idiopathic pericarditis: current immunological theories. Caforio, Alida L. P.; Marcolongo, Renzo; Brucato, Antonio; Cantarini, Luca; Imazio, Massimo; Iliceto, Sabino // Research Reports in Clinical Cardiology;2012 Part 2, Vol. 3, p49
Idiopathic recurrent acute pericarditis (IRAP) is a rare disease of suspected immune-mediated pathogenesis. It represents a diagnosis of exclusion. It is necessary to rule out infectious and noninfectious causes of pericardial inflammation, including systemic autoimmune and immune-related...
- Idiopathic Chronic Hemorrhagic Pericarditis. Gürbüz, Ali; Yetkin, Ufuk; Özbek, Cengiz; Gökalp, Orhan; Yürekli, Ismail; Çallı, Aylin; Postacı, Nursen; Yeşil, Murat // Internet Journal of Thoracic & Cardiovascular Surgery;2009, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p4
Pericardial diseases imitate more common cardiac diseases and therefore can be difficult to diagnose. We describe a case of idiopathic chronic hemorrhagic pericarditis. A pragmatic clinical and scientific approach for improved diagnosis of pericardial diseases is outlined.
- Constriction infection. Purvis, J. A.; Roberts, M.; Harbinson, M. T. // International Journal of Cardiovascular Imaging;Jan2010, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p1
Chronic constrictive pericarditis (CCP) is a clinical syndrome caused by compression of the heart due to a thickened or rigid pericardium. In the affluent West, the majority of cases of CCP are neither tuberculous nor calcific. In an American cohort undergoing pericardectomy for the condition,...