Managing Aromatase Inhibitors in Breast Cancer Survivors: Not Just for Oncologists
- Relationship between estrogen receptor, progesterone receptor, HER-2 and Ki67 expression and efficacy of aromatase inhibitors in advanced breast cancer. Anderson, H.; Hills, M.; Zabaglo, L.; A'Hern, R.; Leary, A. F.; Haynes, B. P.; Smith, I. E.; Dowsett, M. // Annals of Oncology;Aug2011, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p1770
Background: Surprisingly few data are published on the relevance of even commonly used biomarkers of response to aromatase inhibitors (AIs) in advanced breast cancer. Here, we aim to determine the effectiveness of AIs in that setting according to quantitative levels of estrogen receptor (ER),...
- Estrogen-dependent sushi domain containing 3 regulates cytoskeleton organization and migration in breast cancer cells. Moy, I; Todorović, V; Dubash, A D; Coon, J S; Parker, J B; Buranapramest, M; Huang, C C; Zhao, H; Green, K J; Bulun, S E // Oncogene;1/15/2015, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p323
Aromatase inhibitors (AIs) are the standard endocrine therapy for postmenopausal breast cancer; however, currently used biomarkers, such as, estrogen receptor-alpha/progesterone receptor (ERÎ±/PR), predict only slightly more than half of the potential responders to AI treatment. To identify...
- Progesterone receptor modulators in breast cancer. WIEHLE, Ronald D. // Turkish Journal of Biology;2014, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p772
Breast cancer has been treated successfully with selective estrogen receptor antagonists (SERMs) such as tamoxifen, receptor-depleting agents such as fulvestrant, and aromatase inhibitors such as anastrozole. Selective progesterone receptor modulators (SPRMs or PRMs) have not been studied as...
- Exemestane. // Reactions Weekly;9/18/2010, Issue 1319, p24
The article describes the case of a 55-year-old woman who was suffering intraepithelial microcysts radiating from the limbus of both eyes after receiving exemestane 25 milligrams (mg) per day for breast cancer.
- Aromatase inhibitors raise CV risk by 26%. // Reactions Weekly;2/5/2011, Issue 1337, p1
The article focuses on a meta-analysis presented at the San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium which showed that postmenopausal women with early breast cancer are more likely to develop heart disease when treated with an aromatase inhibitors than with tamoxifen.
- Fulvestrant for advanced male breast cancer patients: a case series. Masci, G.; Gandini, C.; Zuradelli, M.; Pedrazzoli, P.; Torrisi, R.; Lutman, F. R.; Santoro, A. // Annals of Oncology;Apr2011, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p985
No abstract available.
- Osteoporosis and aromatase inhibitors: experience and future prospects. Bosco, Daniela // Clinical Cases in Mineral & Bone Metabolism;May-Aug2012, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p89
Introduction. The aim of this study is to improve the assistance given to patients under treatment with aromatase inhibitors in order to prevent secondary osteoporosis through the planning of an awareness programme for the oncologist and offering a facilitated treatment path. Materials and...
- Molecular subtyping of DCIS: heterogeneity of breast cancer reflected in pre-invasive disease. Clark, S. E.; Warwick, J.; Carpenter, R.; Bowen, R. L.; Duffy, S. W.; Jones, J. L. // British Journal of Cancer;1/4/2011, Vol. 104 Issue 1, p120
Background:Molecular profiling has identified at least four subtypes of invasive breast carcinoma, which exhibit distinct clinical behaviour. There is good evidence now that DCIS represents the non-obligate precursor to invasive breast cancer and therefore it should be possible to identify...
- Aromatase inhibitor anastrozole as a second-line hormonal treatment to a recurrent low-grade endometrial stromal sarcoma: a case report. Shoji, Keiko; Oda, Katsutoshi; Nakagawa, Shunsuke; Kawana, Kei; Yasugi, Toshiharu; Ikeda, Yuji; Takazawa, Yutaka; Kozuma, Shiro; Taketani, Yuji // Medical Oncology;Sep2011, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p771
Low-grade endometrial stromal sarcoma (ESS) is a rare neoplasm and is generally an indolent tumor with estrogen and progesterone receptors. Objective responses by hormonal treatment with progestin or aromatase inhibitor have been reported, however, long-term management of this disease could be...