The beta modified Weibull distribution
- On the Three-Parameter Weibull Distribution Shape Parameter Estimation. Teimouri, Mahdi; Gupta, Arjun K. // Journal of Data Science;2013, Vol. 11, p403
The Weibull distribution has received much interest in reliability theory. The well-known maximum likelihood estimators (MLE) of this family are not available in closed form expression. In this work, we propose a consistent and closed form estimator for shape parameter of three-parameter Weibull...
- A Mixture of Weibull Hazard Rate with a Power Variance Function Frailty. Wasinrat, Sirithip; Bodhisuwan, Winai; Zeephongsekul, Panlop; Thongtheeraparp, Ampai // Journal of Applied Sciences;1/1/2013, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p103
A traditional approach in the analysis of survival data was assumed a homogeneous population, i.e., all individuals had the same risk of failure or death. For this purpose, the Weibull distribution was very popular, especially in survival analysis. However, most populations consisted of...
- MIXTURE MODEL APPROACH TO THE ANALYSIS OF HETEROGENEOUS SURVIVAL DATA. Erisoglu, Ulku; Erisoglu, Murat; Erol, Hamza // Pakistan Journal of Statistics;2012, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p115
In this paper, we examine mixture models to model heterogeneous survival data. Mixture of Gamma distributions, mixture of Lognormal distributions and mixture of Weibull distributions were tested for the best fit to the real survival datasets. Various properties of the proposed mixture models...
- A Simulation Study of a Parametric Mixture Model of Three Different Distributions to Analyze Heterogeneous Survival Data. Mohammed, Yusuf Abbakar; Yatim, Bidin; Ismail, Suzilah // Modern Applied Science;Jul2013, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p1
In this paper a simulation study of a parametric mixture model of three different distributions is considered to model heterogeneous survival data. Some properties of the proposed parametric mixture of Exponential, Gamma and Weibull are investigated. The Expectation Maximization Algorithm (EM)...
- Bayesian Survival Estimator for Weibull Distribution with Censored Data. Ahmed, Al Omari Mohammed; Ibrahim, Noor Akma // Journal of Applied Sciences;2011, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p393
No abstract available.
- Parametric Estimation on Modified Weibull Distribution Based on Ranked Set Sampling. Al-Hadhrami, Said Ali // European Journal of Scientific Research;Aug2010, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p73
No abstract available.
- A study of the number of solutions of the system of the log-likelihood equations for the 3-parameter Weibull distribution. Tzavelas, George // Applications of Mathematics;Oct2012, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p531
The maximum likelihood estimators of the parameters for the 3-parameter Weibull distribution do not always exist. Furthermore, computationally it is difficult to find all the solutions. Thus, the case of missing some solutions and among them the maximum likelihood estimators cannot be excluded....
- Parameter estimation of the modified Weibull model based on grouped and censored data. Zaindin, Mazen // International Journal of Basic & Applied Sciences;Apr2010, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p122
This paper presents estimations of the modified Weibull distribution model based on grouped and censored data. The maximum likelihood method is utilized to derive point and asymptotic estimates of the unknown parameters. confidence and Further, the asymptotic confidence intervals for the...
- A Family of Lifetime Distributions. Pappas, Vasileios; Adamidis, Konstantinos; Loukas, Sotirios // International Journal of Quality, Statistics & Reliability;2012, p1
A four-parameter family of Weibull distributions is introduced, as an example of a more general class created along the lines of Marshall and Olkin, 1997. Various properties of the distribution are explored and its usefulness in modelling real data is demonstrated using maximum likelihood estimates.