Learning to Be More Hopeful and Resilient
- Feeling youthful. // Health & Fitness Magazine;May2013, p10
This article focuses on the topic of feeling youthful. According to David Hamilton, author of the book "How Your Mind Can Heal Your Body," negative feelings about ageing can create more stress on the cardiovascular system and weaken immunity, leading to an older-looking face and body. The...
- ANOTHER REASON TO embrace your next birthday. // Shape;Oct2008, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p32
The author reports on a study by the University of Chicago which found that people get happier as they age. According to the study, people become happier as they grow older because it becomes easier to find common ground with other people. Steps which people can take to feel happier at a younger...
- c'mon get happy. Newman, Judith // Health (Time Inc. Health);Sep2000, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p130
Provides information on how to become an optimist and on how to make oneself happy despite the burden of personal problems. Positive thinking that works; Information on the book `Learned Optimism' and `The Optimistic Child,' by Martin Seligman; Difference of an optimist and a pessimist. INSET:...
- A Winning Attitude. // Going Bonkers;Jan2011, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p58
The article discusses the advantages of having a positive mental attitude.
- THINK HAPPY THOUGHTS. Neal, Victoria // Entrepreneur;Jun2000, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p16
Presents tips on how to be an optimistic entrepreneur. Changing body language; Thinking of solutions, not problems; Speaking in a cheerful voice; Using upbeat words; Avoiding emotional vampires.
- Let a smile be your ontology. Callahan, Sidney // Commonweal;10/6/95, Vol. 122 Issue 17, p7
Presents the author's insights on cheerfulness. Addiction to optimism; Powerlessness to resist the urge to stay cheerful; Coexistence of different temperaments among cultures.
- How to Find True Happiness. O'Donnell, Erin // Natural Health;Aug2003, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p58
To cultivate happiness, spend 10 quiet minutes alone every day. Happy people are far more focused on little victories. Instead of getting caught up in fear and worry, they see the good possibilities in each situation. They have confidence in their ability to cope, and they live with a sense of...
- You're not older, just happier. // Redbook;Feb99, Vol. 192 Issue 4, p48
Reveals the result of a study which shows that people tend to become more cheerful as they age. Age at which people begin to develop a more positive approach to life.
- joy: how to make it last. Carpenter, Siri // Prevention;Feb2008, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p182
The article discusses methods for increasing happiness. Suggested techniques include sharing positive feelings, such as happy memories or compliments, with others, consciously focusing on pleasing things or events in order to savor them and remember them more easily and acknowledging gratitude...