Smoking rates declines stall
- Smoking-Cessation Products Boost Quit Rates, Says CDC. // RN;Feb2001, Vol. 64 Issue 2, p102
Focuses on a report released by the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention regarding the role of smoking-cessation products in smokers' attempt to quit the habit. Number of adult smokers who have succeeded to quit smoking each year; Increase in quit attempts between 1984 and 1998.
- Headlines. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);3/11/95, Vol. 310 Issue 6980, p618
Reports on the developments in the field of medicine. Includes recommendation from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention of counselling of pregnant women; Banning of smoking by a Finnish Law; Rise in influenza activity in Britain.
- What a Drag. Rehagen, Tony // Indianapolis Monthly;Apr2009, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p25
The article reports that according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Indiana ranks sixth in the nation in terms of cigarette use, with 24.1 percent of Hoosiers still lighting up. That puts it ahead of major tobacco-growers like South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, and...
- Campaign Returns with Powerful Stories to Help Americans Quit Smoking. // Chicago Citizen - Chatham Southeast Edition;4/3/2013, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p3
The article offers information on the second Quit Smoking advertisement series that was launched by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDCP).
- CDC's Office on Smoking and Health Offers Many Antismoking publications. // Public Health Reports;May/Jun90, Vol. 105 Issue 3, p263
Reports on the availability of antismoking publications from the Office on Smoking and Health of the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. `Smoking, Tobacco and Health: A Factbook'; `Highlights of State Tobacco and Health Data'; `Smoking and Health: A National Status Report.'
- Technology. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;2/20/95, Vol. 69 Issue 4, p15
Reports on the growing pressure in American society to stop smoking. Government's threat to double the price of a pack of cigarettes; Workplace relegation of smokers to the streets; Findings of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Most smokers want to quit. // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Dec2011, Vol. 45 Issue 12, p14
The article focuses on a report issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) regarding the insufficient available treatments for those who wish to quit smoking in the U.S.
- Cigarette Smoking Among Adults -- United States, 2000. // MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report;7/26/2002, Vol. 51 Issue 29, p642
Presents a summary of the findings of an analysis of the prevalence of cigarette smoking among adults in the U.S., conducted by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Comparison of the incidence of cigarette smoking in 1993 and in 2000; Difference in the prevalence of smoking...
- Tips from Former Smokers on Father's Day. // Chicago Citizen - Chatham Southeast Edition;6/13/2012, Vol. 47 Issue 12, p11
The article presents information on the "Tips From Former Smokers," campaign sponsored by Centers for Disease Control and Prevention of the U.S. that is aimed at encouraging people to quit smoking.