Assault on salt
- Bioethics with portfolio. Fins, Joseph J. // Hastings Center Report;May/Jun94, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p4
Reports on the Pan American Health Organization's (PAHO) diplomatic agreement with the government of Chile and the University of Chile to establish a Regional Program of Bioethics designed to serve all the countries of the Americas and Caribbean. Signing of a treaty during a ceremony attended by...
- PAHO prescribes partnership for health. Okey, Roberta // Americas;Jan/Feb95, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p52
Focuses on the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) and its programs in the Americas. Launching of the Expanded Program on Immunization; Plans of PAHO; Duties of PAHO.
- Progress towards interrupting indigenous measles transmission in the western hemisphere. // Weekly Epidemiological Record;11/3/2000, Vol. 75 Issue 44, p354
Reports the progress towards the interruption of indigenous measles transmission in the United States. Number of cases reported; Implementation of measles control strategy; Recommendation of a surveillance strategy by the Pan American Health Organization.
- PAHO's progress. Fins, Joseph J. // Hastings Center Report;Mar/Apr93, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p2
Reports on the proposed establishment of a Pan American Institute of Bioethics for Latin America and the Caribbean. Rationale for the creation of a regional bioethics center; Initial activities of the center; Reference library; Electronic access to international bioethics literature; University...
- Cholera comeback. Townes, Glenn R. // Hispanic;Dec1993, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p12
Reports on the global cholera epidemic. World Health Organization's (WHO) world conference in June 1993; Outbreak of cholera in Peru; Polluted drinking water and poor sanitation as causes; Food and water contamination; Improvements in a country's infrastructure as the best way to contain the...
- Dengue fever outbreak in the Caribbean. // Hot Calaloo;Sep2010, p16
The article reports on a statement issued by the Pan American Health Organization, concerning the dengue outbreak in the Caribbean Region since September 2010.
- Work to identify epidemic in Nicaragua under way. // Nation's Health;Dec95, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p12
Reports on the efforts of the Pan American Health Organization to identify an unknown epidemic in Nicaragua. Total number of deaths due to the disease.
- Bolivian Uru Chipaya Community Receives PAHO Immunization Award. // Immunization Newsletter;Oct2012, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p1
The article informs that the 2011 Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) Immunization Award has been given to Uru Chipaya Ethnic Group of the Oruro Department of Bolivia for their activities to keep immunization coverage close to 100% in their area.
- WANTED: Members of Trinidad and Tobago's East Leo Club that collected money for PAHO's Revolving Fund for vaccine procurement in 1982. // Immunization Newsletter;Oct2012, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p8
The article informs that Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) is looking for members of Trinidad and Tobago's East Leo Club who collected money in 1982 for PAHO's revolving fund for vaccine procurement.