Canada Pension Plan buys IMS Health
- IMS to go private. Soule, Alexander // Fairfield County Business Journal;11/16/2009, Vol. 48 Issue 46, p3
The article reports on the acquisition of Norwalk, Connecticut-based IMS Health Inc. by TPG Capital LP and Canada Pension Plan for 5.2 million U.S. dollars. The acquisition comes after the initiation of a major layoff program by IMS. Moreover, IMS investors are projected to receive 22 dollars in...
- A great entrepreneurial idea or not ? ATHERLEY, GORDON // Fraser Forum;Jul/Aug2011, p5
The article discusses the advantages and risks in private-public partnership in Canada. Global private investment Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB) and TPG Capital LP has acquired IMS Health Inc. to raise revenue for a major government program but the partnership was facing the risk...
- IMS Health Proposes $3B in Loans and Bonds. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;2/1/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p20
The article reports on the plan of IMS Health to price 3 billion U.S. dollars in new speculative-grade debt as part of a buyout deal worth 6 billion U.S. dollars. The buyers for the deal include TPG Capital, the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board, and Leonard Green & Partners. They plan to...
- Investment Groups to Buy IMS Health for $5.2 Bil. // Chain Drug Review;11/23/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 20, p44
The article reports on the acquisition of Pharmaceutical and health care information provider IMS Health Inc. by investment company TPG Capital LP and the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB). David Carlucci, IMS chairman, states that the acquisition will benefit shareholders to gain...
- Goldman Inks Mega-PE Deal, Readies Debt. Kellerhals, Richard // High Yield Report;11/16/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 46, p25
This article reports on the arrangement by Goldman Sachs of over three billion U.S. dollars in debt to fund the takeover of IMS Health by Texas Pacific Group (TPG) and the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board. The debt is composed of a two billion U.S. dollar senior secured term loan, a one...
- Canada Pension To Convert To Active Managers. Collings, Richard // Investment Management Weekly;6/10/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 23, p1
Reports on the changes made by the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board to its public markets portfolio in summer 2002.
- The Canada Pension Plan's Experience with Investing Its Portfolio in Equities. Sarney, Mark; Preneta, Amy M. // Social Security Bulletin;2001/2002, Vol. 64 Issue 2, p46
Examines the experience of the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) in investing its surplus funds in equities. Discussion of the CPP and components of reform; Characteristics of the CPP investment board; Measures to ensure accountability to the public.
- Join in the discussions about your Canada Pension Plan. // South Asian Post;5/8/2014, p19
The article discusses the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB) which organizes an interactive webcast for Canadians to know about the organization's financial plan and their contribution to the CPP on June 9, 2014, and presents the views of CPPIB's president Mark Wiseman on the same.
- Canada Pension Plan seeks Hong Kong-based PE team. // Asian Investor;Apr2010, p50
The article reports on the move of the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) to open a new office in Hongkong, China.