Boom in Canada--China research collaborations
- A Process Perspective of International Research Collaboration. Stead, Graham B.; Harrington, Thomas F. // Career Development Quarterly;Jun2000, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p323
Discusses the importance of international collaboration on research projects. How to initiate collaboration; Evaluation on the potential for collaborative research; Discussion on the preparation for travel, development and completion of project; Ways to maintain international collaborative...
- Four OC tech firms win state R&D grants. // Orange County Business Journal;07/27/98, Vol. 21 Issue 30, p8
Cites four Orange County, California-based technology companies that received the state matching grants to develop promising technologies under the California Technology Investment Partnership program.
- Strategies and initiatives towards technology leadership. Kakodkar, Anil // Chemical Business;Feb2002, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p37
Discusses the technological development initiatives being implemented in India. Assessment of technologies; Creation of an environment conducive to innovation; Research and development partnership of government and industry.
- International alliance to share genomic data. Glauser, Wendy // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;9/3/2013, Vol. 185 Issue 12, pE561
The article discusses the formation of the Global Alliance to Enable Responsible Sharing of Genomic and Clinical Data in June 2013. According to alliance founding member Peter Goodhand, the alliance's goal is not to mandate the sharing of data nor to build a large centralized database. Factors...
- The Challenge of International Research Collaborations: An Interview on the Developing Nation Experience. Slocum, J. Michael // Journal of Research Administration;Spring2010, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p103
An interview with Professor Isaac Mazonde is presented. When asked what are the issues in negotiating collaboration agreements that repeatedly arise, he refers to the Intellectual Property (IP) as the most issue that concerned other party. Mazonde also discusses that the Government of Botswana...
- BENCHMARKING GLOBAL STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT OF TECHNOLOGY. Roberts, Edward B. // Research Technology Management;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p25
Discusses the findings of a survey regarding the technology strategies applied by research and development-performing companies in North America, western Europe and Japan. Strategic leadership of technology; Allocation of research and development funds; Globalization of technology activities;...
- Making university/industry collaborative research succeed. Bloedon, Robert V.; Stokes, Deborah R. // Research Technology Management;Mar/Apr94, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p44
Discusses the factors that affect the success of a collaborative research program between participating universities and companies. Advantages for both; Need for a structured approach in which an agent plays a critical role; Knowledge transfer.
- Research: Africa's fight for equality. Nordling, Linda // Nature;5/7/2015, Vol. 521 Issue 7550, p24
The article focuses on inequality and discriminatory practices against African scientists in international research partnerships (IRP). It comments on a lawsuit against the Kenya Medical Research Institute concerning six Kenyan doctors who'd been systematically passed over for training and...
- Arizona, Sonora partner for technology advantage. Moore, Philip S. // Inside Tucson Business;11/6/2006, Vol. 16 Issue 21, p25
The article presents information on the plans of the Arizona Technology Council to establish a research and development partnership with Sonora's, Mexico, Impulsor strategic projects group. The two organizations intend to establish a joint foundation for innovation beginning with collaboration...