Naturopathic doctors gaining new powers
- naturopathy. Peters, Michael // BMA A-Z Family Medical Encyclopedia;2004, p533
An encyclopedia entry for "naturopathy" is presented. It refers to a form of complementary medicine based on the premise that disease results from the accumulation of waste products and toxins in the body. Symptoms are perceived as the body's attempts to reject these substances. Naturopathy...
- Alternative Medicine. // Alaska Business Monthly;Jun2000, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p27
Reports on the practice of naturopathic medicine in Alaska. Number of naturopathic physicians practicing in the state; State requirements from practicing naturopaths.
- Home remedies. Vukovic, Laurel // Natural Health;Mar/Apr96, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p126
Presents tips on natural healing from five leading naturopaths in the United States. Home remedies for various health problems; Ingredients; Preparation; Recommended use.
- My close encounters with three doctors of natural medicine. J.G. // Good Housekeeping;Sep98, Vol. 227 Issue 3, p100
Relates the author's separate consultations with three doctors of natural medicine to ask about what is causing her fatigue. Description of the naturopaths' offices; Suggestion that the patient could be suffering from a DHEA deficit; Prescription of a regimen of 19 supplements a day;...
- Can naturopaths deliver complementary preventive medicine? Stanbrook, Matthew B. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;6/11/2013, Vol. 185 Issue 9, p747
An introduction is resented in which the editor discusses various article within the issue related to dietary and lifestyle interventions delivered by a naturopath.
- The Little Irish Man with a Sad Heart. SHAH, RIAN // Naturopathic Doctor News & Review;Nov2013, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p21
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience in treating an alcoholic and depressed man with naturopathic medicine.
- Association Spotlight. ROTHENBERG, AMY // Naturopathic Doctor News & Review;Nov2013, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p24
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's involvement with the Massachusetts Society of Naturopathic Doctors (MSND).
- Mega Updated Calendar. // Naturopathic Doctor News & Review;Feb2014, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p22
A calendar about the events of the journal is presented.
- A Doctor by Any Other Name. Egri, Csilla; Pirani-Sheriff, Tasneem // UBC Medical Journal;2015, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p25
This interview-style commentary piece addresses some key concerns medical professionals might have about the care provided by complementary health care practitioners, specifically naturopathic doctors (NDs). As relative content experts in their respective fields, questions are asked by a medical...