Fellowship in congressional health care policy
- Introduction. Stevens, Rosemary A. // History & Health Policy in the United States;2006, p1
An introduction to the book is presented in which the author discusses the goals of the book, the essays that presents historical messages concerning the healthcare system in the U.S., and the extraordinary interplay of public and private actors and actions in American health policy.
- policy healthcare. // Hill;4/11/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 49, p26
The article offers news briefs related to health care policy in 2011 in the U.S. including the fifth anniversary celebration of the founding of the modern health reform by former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney, the aim of the administration of President Barack Obama to lessen health...
- LETTER FROM THE COUNCIL OF PRESIDENTS. Burger, Deborah; Jenkins, Geri; Markowitz, Malinda; Triunfo-Cortez, Zenei // Registered Nurse: Journal of Patient Advocacy;Jul2008, Vol. 104 Issue 6, p2
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including the healthcare platforms of the 2008 U.S. presidential candidates, John McCain and Barack Obama, the blogs of Registered Nurse board member David Welch, and a book review special.
- Proposed rule expands reach of refusal laws. // Contraceptive Technology Update;Oct2008, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p117
The article reports that the U.S. President George W. Bush administration has introduced a new regulation on the topics of providers refusal rights which was announced in August 2008.
- Setting the bar... low Healthy People 2020. // Hospital Employee Health;Mar2011, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p35
The article discusses the occupational health goals set by Healthy People 2020 and reports that the goal of 10 percent improvement in factors including overall injury rate, work-related fatalities, and assaults, represent low expectations for progress on the occupational health and safety front....
- policy healthcare. // Hill;12/5/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 167, p23
The article offers U.S. news briefs related to health policy including the need for health insurance firms to provide more information to their customers on how their money is spent, the halt of a health insurance exchange, and the lack of funds for tobacco prevention programs.
- policy healthcare. // Hill;2/14/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 18, p24
The article reports on the healthcare policies in 2011 in the U.S. including the call of the Massachusetts Connector Authority for health insurers to cut rates for low- and moderate-income residents, the approval of the proposed 100 million dollars worth of deficit by a South Carolina budget...
- Getting more from reform. // AHA News;4/5/2010, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p4
The author reflects on the effects of the passage of comprehensive reform legislation on health care policy in the U.S.
- Certain uncertainty in 2012. Wann, L. Samuel // Cardiology Today;Mar2012, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p24
The article discusses the impact of the passage by the U.S. Congress of a measure that included a reprieve from the disastrous 27.4% across-the-board cut in Medicare payments.