- NQF updates list of safe practices, urges disclosure. // Healthcare Risk Management;Jan2007, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p5
The National Quality Foundation has added disclosure of adverse events to its list of safe practices. Risk managers often use the list to set in-house goals for patient safety and other improvement. â€¢ The safe practices require a multidisciplinary approach. â€¢ Clinicians should be...
- What patients' feelings can tell you about quality. // Hospital Peer Review;Sep2013, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p103
The artilce evaluates the patient-reported outcomes (PROs), a quality standard developed by the U.S. National Quality Forum (NQF) and the National Comittee for Quality Assurance and enumerates quality of life, functional status, and patient experience as among the items considered to be PROs.
- Field Guide to NQF resources launches. // Hospital Peer Review;Sep2013, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p106
The article reviews the new Field Guide to NQF Resources found in the web site of the U.S. National Quality Forum (NQF).
- NQF endorses measures in psychiatric care. // Medical Ethics Advisor;Jun2010, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p71
The article reports on the endorsement by the National Quality Forum (NQF) of two inpatient psychiatric measures focused on quality improvement in psychiatric hospitals and general hospitals with psychiatric units.
- Take A Look At Your Potential New Quality Measures For Hospice. // Eli's Home Care Week;4/16/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 14, p107
A list of palliative and end-of-life care measures from the National Quality Forum in the U.S. is presented.
- National Quality Forum. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1545
An encyclopedia entry for the U.S. nonprofit organization "National Quality Forum" is presented.
- NQF safe practice: More pharmacist involvement. // Hospital Peer Review;Aug2009, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p98
The article provides information on the "Safe Practice 18: Pharmacist Leadership Structures and Systems," issued by the National Quality Forum (NQF), which recommends more pharmacist involvement.
- NQF outcomes project has final three measures. // Hospital Peer Review;May2011, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p57
The article reports on the endorsements of the National Quality Forum on the two diabetes composite measures and an inpatient acute myocardial infarction measure in the U.S. in 2011.
- NQF draft reports: A light at the end of the tunnel? // Hospital Peer Review;Oct2011, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p115
The article reports on the release of two draft reports from the National Quality Forum (NQF) that might lead to a consolidation of data measurement requirements for hospitals and the creation of a correct data set that would work for multiple organizations.