Stability of sodium bicarbonate solutions in polyolefin bags
- NaHCO3. Roth, Ivar E.; Larkins, Philip E.; Falke, Jerry; Eells, Robert // Podiatry Management;Feb2012, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p25
A letter to the editor is presented which is concerned with lidocaine nerve block.
- Neutralized Lidocaine with Epinephrine for Local Anesthesia--II. Stewart, James H.; Chinn, Susan E.; Cole, Gary W.; Klein, Jeffrey A. // Journal of Dermatologic Surgery & Oncology;Sep90, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p842
The pain usually associated with intradermal injection of lidocaine and epinephrine is significantly attenuated by the addition of either sodium bicarbonate or sodium hydroxide to 1% lidocaine with epinephrine. This suggests that sodium bicarbonate attenuates pain by increasing the pH of the...
- A perioperative infusion of sodium bicarbonate does not improve renal function in cardiac surgery patients: a prospective observational cohort study. Heringlake, Matthias; Heinze, Hermann; Schubert, Maria; Nowak, Yvonne; Guder, Janian; Kleinebrahm, Maria; Paarmann, Hauke; Hanke, Thorsten; Schön, Julika // Critical Care;2012, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p11476
Introduction: Cardiac-surgery-associated-acute-kidney-injury (CSA-AKI) is associated with increased morbidity and mortality. Recent data from patients undergoing on-pump coronary artery bypass grafting suggest that a perioperative infusion of sodium-bicarbonate may decrease the incidence of...
- alkali. Peters, Michael // BMA A-Z Family Medical Encyclopedia;2004, p30
An encyclopedia entry for "alkali" is presented. Also known as a base, it refers to a chemical that provides hydroxyl ions which are composed of an atom of hydrogen attached to an atom of oxygen, that as a whole, has a negative charge. Some kinds of alkali are sodium bicarbonate and sodium...
- Multipurpose baking soda. Bauman, Richard // Country Journal;Sep/Oct93, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p18
Discusses various uses for sodium bicarbonate or baking soda. Baking; Oral hygiene; Relieving acid ingestion and an upset stomach; All-purpose cleaner; Removal of corrosion; Removal of odors; Dousing of grease fires.
- Nature's alternative: 70 uses for baking soda. Ryther, Melaine // Mother Earth News;Feb/Mar97, Issue 160, p10
Presents a number of uses for baking soda. Includes use as a non-toxic fungicide; Use as a cleaning compound; Baking soda as a treatment for underarm odor; Minimization of razor burns as a preshave/aftershave splash; Use as an alternative pesticide for roaches and silverfish; Softening of hard...
- Sodium bicarbonate. // Chemical Market Reporter;07/21/97, Vol. 252 Issue 3, p33
Presents a profile of the sodium bicarbonate market in the United States. Major producers; Demand; Price trends; Uses of the chemical; Market outlook.
- Baking soda differences drive domestic market. Harvilicz, Helena // Chemical Market Reporter;04/27/98, Vol. 253 Issue 17, p30
Compares the per capita consumption of baking soda in the United States compared with Japan and Europe.
- New uses for an old favorite. // Drug Store News;8/24/98, Vol. 20 Issue 13, p131
Presents Arm & Hammer data regarding consumers' top uses for baking soda or sodium bicarbonate.