AT&T Wireless Moves On Telematics
- new telematics strategy in the US. // Automotive Engineer;Sep2001, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p45
Reports that DaimlerChrysler has chosen AT&T Wireless as development partner and wireless provider for the company's comprehensive telematics strategy in the U.S. Features of the telematics strategy; Statement of DaimlerChrysler on the partnership with AT&T; Benefits of the partnership on...
- DaimlerChrysler, AT&T partner on telematics. // RCR Wireless News;8/13/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 33, p41
Announces that DaimlerChrysler AG has chosen AT&T Wireless Services Inc. as its development partner and wireless provider for the company's telematics strategy. Customers that will benefit from the collaboration.
- Cloudy With Poor Visibility. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;06/04/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 23, p28
Presents information on the deal between AT&T Wireless Corp. and Convergys Corp., a global integrated billing and customer care services provider, to prepare for the launching of AT&T Wireless' next-generation network. Estimated worth of the deal; Questions regarding third-generation wireless...
- Microsoft/Qualcomm wireless venture jelling. Pappalardo, Denise // Network World;12/06/99, Vol. 16 Issue 49, p35
Focuses on the deal signed by Wireless Knowledge, a joint venture of Microsoft and Qualcomm with AT&T Wireless. Service offered by the venture; Capabilities of the Revolv service from AT&T; How AT&T support its Revolv service.
- Diagnostics on the fly. Mele, Jim // Fleet Owner;Sep2001, Vol. 96 Issue 9, p73
Discusses the usefulness of a remote diagnostic system in trucks. Introduction of a satellite-based fault-code monitoring from Qualcomm Wireless Business Solutions in 1992; Information on the agreement signed between AT&T Wireless and Daimler-Chrysler; Details of the survey conducted by Chuck...
- Western's DSL Move May Take On LECs. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;05/29/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 22, p1
Announces the supply pact of cellular carrier Western Wireless with Nortel. Terms of their supply pact; Views of analysts on potential buyers like AT&T Wireless Services for Western; Reasons for the appeal of Western to buyers; Advantage of Western's digital subscriber line technology to...
- No shock and AWE at Vodafone. Molony, David // Total Telecom Magazine;Mar2004, p8
Reports on a deal between Arun Sarin, head of commercial mobile operator Vodafone, with wireless company AT&T Wireless (AWE). Losses that could be incurred by Vodafone in the first full year of trading with AWE as a subsidiary; Reason of Vodafone to switch from Verizon Wireless to AWE.
- AT&T Wireless and Cingular to share networks. Luna, Lynnette // Wireless Review;Feb2002, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p8
Focuses on the plan of AT&T Wireless and Cingular Wireless to share their spectrum and network equipment along major interstate routes in the U.S. Significance of the move to next-generation wireless systems; Amount of capital expenditures needed for the project; Information on a similar deal...
- Carriers embrace computing giants. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;8/5/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 31, p1
Focuses on wireless operators that announced deals or unveiled products backed by a pair of dominant names in the computing industry, Microsoft Corp. and America Online Inc. Content and device deal of Microsoft with AT & T Wireless Services Inc.; Partnership between America Online and Verizon...